Dressing Like A Runner (Read 1529 times)

Exactly. I am always amused by the people at the mall that are trying to look like they just got done at the gym.
    It would be better than the guy I saw at WalMart last night, who was absolutely NOT a runner... Must have been 400 pounds or more, wearing a black t-shirt that's probably as large as they come that didn't cover the mass of flesh that hung over the waistband of his black shorts. It was the first time I'd ever seen the belly skin of anyone that large. I mean, there are bare midriffs you like to see and there are some that you just don't, ya know? Certainly made me glad that I'm a runner!
    obiebyke

That's what you get for shopping at WalMart, baldman. Evil grin

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I only ever wear running shoes when, you know, running. Otherwise, I wear boots or casual shoes. I only wear sweats when, you know, running. Or before/after a race. Otherwise, it's jeans or slacks. I only wear a watch when running. I'm weird.
        Ditto...though I wear a watch--not a digital one, not plastic, and not "Big Red."

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...a 'skinny' person could be non-active and internally heading for disaster (but lucky w/ metabolism or genetics). This society can be so focused on external/appearance which is often misleading.
          Heh...my MIL weighs almost exactly what I do, but is 4.5" taller (and repeatedly tells me how *fat* she is...which really bugs the hell out of me. Yeah, bitch...if you are fat I must be morbidly obese). While I am carrying a few extra #s, I have bloodwork #s and BP that is out-of-this-world...and she is on statin drugs. Hmmm....

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I had so much fun shopping for summer clothes at Macy's today. Some of the size 10s were too big! Running's great - jeans never fit me this well before, even long ago when I was skinny. Whoo hoo!

~Gordo~

I only wear a watch when running.
              You must have really nice weather to only wear a watch when running...and I'll be you get some strange looks as well. Evil grin
              !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~

Burninated Peasant

Heh...my MIL weighs almost exactly what I do, but is 4.5" taller (and repeatedly tells me how *fat* she is...which really bugs the hell out of me. Yeah, bitch...if you are fat I must be morbidly obese). While I am carrying a few extra #s, I have bloodwork #s and BP that is out-of-this-world...and she is on statin drugs. Hmmm....
                I've done the statin drug thing too, and it's not because of my diet or a lack of exercise. Some people are just predisposed to high LDL. Thankfully, the diet/exercise keep my ratios right and my BP low.
                jeffdonahue

Jeans, running shoes, race t-shirt Standard runner uniform.
                  Pretty much all I wear. We havent bought a T-shirt in 6 years and the drawer is over-flowing with them at this point.
                  Scout7

You must have really nice weather to only wear a watch when running...and I'll be you get some strange looks as well. Evil grin
                    The freedom of a nude 5k.... It's unmatched in the modern world. You've no idea what you're missing out on.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've done the statin drug thing too, and it's not because of my diet or a lack of exercise. Some people are just predisposed to high LDL. Thankfully, the diet/exercise keep my ratios right and my BP low.
                      Right...but the point is that she goes out of her way to make obnoxious comments about weight and here I am actually carrying more pounds than I should (she is not, yet any time she puts on a couple of pounds she freaks out...I have had weight struggles all of my adult life and it gets very tiresome to hear people who are in their 60s who are at their ideal weight whinge) and one would never guess it comparing our numbers vs. out outer appearances.

~ Sarah Kay

Right...but the point is that she goes out of her way to make obnoxious comments about weight and here I am actually carrying more pounds than I should (she is not, yet any time she puts on a couple of pounds she freaks out...I have had weight struggles all of my adult life and it gets very tiresome to hear people who are in their 60s who are at their ideal weight whinge) and one would never guess it comparing our numbers vs. out outer appearances.
                        Z-Z, I hear ya... I have a brother-in-law (and we've been friends since age 15) who is metabolically gifted. We're both in our late-40's, and I have struggled with my weight for my adult life, while he rolls along at the same weight he was at 21 (bastard). He doesn't comment on it too much, but he throws the occasional zinger, which can piss the recipient (me or whoever) off. But... I sit there and watch him smoke 1 1/2 packs of cigarettes per day, drink his face off on the weekends, and shovel fried food down his gullet. I'm no saint, but I've (mostly Wink) learned moderation because of my struggles. Part of me thinks "Yeah, let's see who's in better shape" and laughs knowingly, while the (smarter) part of me worries for him, because he has got to be a ticking time bomb. Of course, none of us know when our time is up, and perhaps the cruelest joke will be on me. But, I can at least hold a rational argument that I am trying to stack the deck in my favor as much as possible.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm no saint, but I've (mostly Wink) learned moderation because of my struggles.
                          If there's one advantage to having to fight tooth-and-nail to keep at a healthy weight, this is probably it. I can't slack much. If I do I will end up looking like every female on my dad's side of the family...as wide as I am tall. At 5'3.5" and 140-145#s I am BY FAR the tallest and thinnest (and most "athletic") woman in the family. That's a pretty sad state of affairs....

~ Sarah Kay

I'm no saint, but I've (mostly Wink) learned moderation because of my struggles.
                            It's the people that don't have to struggle that amaze me. People like my daughters boyfriend. We arew all pllaying cards one night after awhile I pour out a couple of small bowls of popcorn for munchies. He says no thankyou I just finished a big Coke. ???? Do I wish a Coke would turn off my cravings for something to munch on.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

~Gordo~

The freedom of a nude 5k.... It's unmatched in the modern world. You've no idea what you're missing out on.
                              As I sit here and imagine that if the last 5K did was a naked one....ewww, ewww, ohh not bad, ewww, ewww, ewww, hmmm, ewww......okay that's enough.
                              !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~

The Greatest of All Time

Maybe I'll try that at her next soccer game -- wearing the Thriller jacket that is...
                                I bet you could find one on Ebay too, might cost you though Wink
                                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.