Why I don't take any Rest Days (Read 1056 times)

Slo

Because I get enough of them forced on me ! I already have one Goose Egg logged this week and now it looks like Sat may get another one. I should still hit my weekly mileage goal of 35+ miles no-problem but this just serves as a reminder of why it's difficult to get back to the 60 - 80 mpw I once did....... Sad Sorry....just had to vent.

A Saucy Wench

I have a goose egg for the whole week. Pissing me off.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jfa

I am my log's bitch.That's why the past 2 nights I have been running past 9 o'clock at night to get the miles in.

I often get the lights shut off on me at my local outdoor track... They go off around 11pm. I'm so impressed with all of you that go 5+ days a week. I've only been able to do that for about 2 months at a time... impressive!
          mdmccat
            Why I don't (anymore) take any rest days: because I run with the dog (19 month old black lab mix) twice a day. She needs exercise, and she likes to trot quite a bit faster than I can walk - in fact she likes to get me up above my LHR training target heartrate. We didn't quite make 50 miles this week - the weather has been terrible... worst snow and ice storms in 20 - 30 years. Anyway - If you have a goal of running everyday just get a dog that needs the exercise.
              We had ice storms and major ice damage in my area over the past weeks and with the snow and ice down....and no hot water or anyting else, you can take a quick look at my logs and see the effects it had on my training too........ I finally got back after over a week off (which I hated).....but when I started back, it actually felt pretty good so a little time off here and there isn't such a bad thing.....couple of little twinges in my legs are now gone and all is well... Relax -- and enjoy a day off from time to time - it wont hurt you and it might help you.... Shocked Big grin Shocked Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching