What are your goals for 2008? (Read 1948 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

Well, 2007 is coming to a close. Had a great year! Thanks to all the fine folks here at RA, was able to accomplish my main 2007 goal of completing a 1/2 marathon. That goal was met 11/18/07!!! Yes Looking ahead to 2008: May 8th: Broad Street Run (10 Miler) Sept 21st: Philadelphia Distance Run (HM) Nov 23rd Philadelphia Marathon (26.2) Also, log in at least 1,000 miles for the year... Howz bout you?! Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

My biggest goal is to stay injury free; something I haven't been able to manage the last two years. As far as races go: April 5th Trailbreaker Half Marathon in Waukesha, WI May 18th Green Bay Marathon
      Fortitudine Vincimus - "By endurance we conquer,"
        2007 sure did go fast, I haven't given 2008 much thought yet with injuries the last few months but I guess I will list a few goals. run a 17:30 5K break 5 min mile start running longer distances (10Ks and up) and maybe run a half marathon but first my knee needs to get back to 100%
          Well goal #1 for me is to get pregnant. If DH and I can't get that to work out then I have a few other things up my sleeve: 1) Run my first HM in March 2) Set a new 5k PR under 30:00
          ---- Cynthia
          seeEricaRun

Awesome

2008 Goals: 1) Sub 3:40:59 marathon (BQ - Probably in the fall) 2) Complete a triathlon (or 2) 3) Sub 21:45 5k I have the following races scheduled: 1/27 Derry Boston Prep 16M (all hills and I'm dreading it) Hopefully, my area will stop being an ice rink soon, and I'll be able to get some hill work in on Thursday 2/17 Austin Marathon
              Great topic. 1) Maintain my training plan (log at least 1,250 miles in 2008) 2) Finish two half-marathons (Hospital Hill in Kansas City in June and Lake Country in Wisconsin in August) 3) Finish the Marine Corps Marathon in October. It seems so far away but I'm sure it will go fast. Good luck to everyone on their goals but especially to clhagan, jr.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

a) Run 1000 or more Miles. b) Half Marathon in March. depending on health and half marathon results.... c) train for 26.2 Jason
                  All year: I'm also on the 1250 miles boat, I hope. All year: The Tidal Basin 3k each month - I hope to break 11:00 soon. We'll see. All year: I'd like to run a few 5ks, try to go under 20:00 April: Cherry Blossom Ten Mile: somewhere around or slightly over 1:10:00, I hope. May: Broad Street Run or National Half Marathon no goals right now, decide as I get closer. Haven't thought any farther than that, but it's fun to write it down.

sean

break 19:00 for 5k finish in top 500 at the Indy Mini Marathon bq at Grand Rapids in Oct. and hopefully throw in a tri somewhere in the middle.

Dan

Len

Damn Yankee

1. 1000 miles 2. Sub 20 5k 3. 1/2 Marathon at Cowtown 4. 4 Medals at Texas Police Games (10k, 5k, 1500m, 800m) 5. 1st Marathon Dallas White Run Dec. 08

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

see my siggy Big grin
                        2009: BQ?
                          sub 21:00 5k sub 45:00 10k sub 1:45 HM sub 3:45 Marathon (lots of work to do to reach this one! I should say sub 4:00 and not be greedy reaching for the impossible...but I want to give it my best. If I don't reach it in 2008 it'll be my 2009 goal!) I thought about it and changed my yearly mileage goal to a sound 1500....(did the math on weekly mileage needed for 2000). Oh...and to score at least 4 goals in soccer!

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Sub 18:00 5k Sub 38:00 10k > 1000 miles (stretch goal of 1500)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

All business

2008 goals: 1500 miles on the year sub 20:00 5K sub 34:00 8K sub 1:43:00 HM sub 3:30:00 Marathon sub 4:29:00 50k and a maybe: first 50 miler(?)

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

db7

Boise Ironman 70.3 June 1st Wild West Relay August 1-2nd Denver Marathon October 18th Various other 5ks, 10ks, half marathons, and sprint triathlons along the way. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ