What are your goals for 2008? (Read 1948 times)

Recover from injury, build a good slow base, work towards a full Marathon in December...... (knocking out two halfs and a few 5/10K's along the way....)
    run4fun8910

My goals. Finish c25k program. complete my 1st 5k in apr 19 in Salt Lake City. Then hopefully a few more. Then begin trainig for a half marathon for the fall. Stay injury free. Get to know other runners. Shawn
      Short term goal: 5K Long term goal: half marathon. Stay injury free. Shawn
        1. 52 weeks injury free 2. Sub 21 5K 3. Sub 1:45:00 half 4. Sub 4:00:00 NYC Marathon (want this to be my 1st marathon so only if I get a bib) 5. Run 1500 miles

Feeling the growl again

Well, USATF just abolished my long-term goal so I don't know how much I will concentrate on the marathon anymore. 2007 was a total write-off for me, I am still struggling to be able to handle the training load I need to in order to approach any PRs. I guess I can pen some goals: 1) Log over 3000 miles again (likely under 2000 this year vs 4000+ in 2006) 2) sub-15:30 5K 3) sub-33 10K 4) sub-1:11 HM 5) sub-2:28 marathon, won't run one if I don't feel I can accomplish that Long-term goals remaining: 1) sub-15 5k 2) sub-1:09 HM 3) sub-2:24 marathon

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Peter Mittwede

Run a Boston Qualifying debut marathon (3:10 for a 22-year old male) at the Mardi Gras Marathon on Feb. 24. That shouldn't be too difficult, as I think I can run around a 3:05. Possibly run Boston. No other goals, other than to keep running marathons here and there, and to stay healthy. Oh yeah, and to get all the medical school applications out of the way.
              Spring half (probably Flying Pig) Summer cross country series Fall half out West and make a vacation out of it . Location? still looking! Suggestions welcomed

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Oh Mighty Wing

This year I met my goal of running a 10K and now I am setting my sights high!!! February 20th: get married March 9th: Caesar Rodney Half May 8th: Broad Street Run (10 Miler) Sept 21st: Philadelphia Distance Run (HM) Nov 23rd Philadelphia Marathon (26.2)
                  my goal is to stop partying so much and continue running like I have been for the last couple of months. Get plenty of sleep, eat well, and think positive.....its tough to break old habits. being in a band and touring was an exercise of sleeping in vans, eating the dollar value meal at every fast food joint in America, and not running.....one day at a time.... Theron
                    1. Do sub-4 hour for Country Music Marathon/Nashville 2. Log over 1200 miles 3. Graduate in May from college 4. Find a job 5. Drop 20 more lbs.

Now that was a bath...

Pregnancy. Sports Doc said no running for a really long time so I am going to shoot for baby #5. 2009 - now that will be a different story!
                    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                        1. To be more consistent in my weekly mileage and keep it in the 35-40 mile/week range. 2. Keep up speed drills. Increase my 5k speed by 1 minute to 23:30 or slightly faster. 3. Stay healthy.
                        USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010
                          2008 Goals: 1. 2000 miles 2. NYC Marathon
                            To run more than I did in 2007 and to do it injury free.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

To run more than I did in 2007 and to do it injury free.
                              I think injury free is a goal we all share. I've had some down time during the past 3 years but it's more "old age" related than running injuries. Still, when you can't run, it hurts mentally. Here's to a productive 2008 for all of us.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

I think injury free is a goal we all share. I've had some down time during the past 3 years but it's more "old age" related than running injuries. Still, when you can't run, it hurts mentally. Here's to a productive 2008 for all of us.
                                Some was injury and some work and some just life in general. My wife put down her foot and I listened to my doctor in relation to the # of hours I work. Doc has for 3 years wanted me on 40hr/wk and I have resisted. No more!! 40 it is. The home stress is a killer too. We care for my mother in law on home Hospice Care. She is a fighter though. I'd have bet all I had (and lost) that she would not make it through Sep. We also took care of Pop (father in law) for several years. All told we have been doing this for almost 7 years by ourselves. Christmas Eve the wife and I went to a movie together for the first time in 6 and a half years. You have no idea what that meant to us!!! My wife has never seen me run a race!! Some one must be close by and ready to drop everything instantly. Sorry to be such a bummer but it helps to rant a little too.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire