What are your goals for 2008? (Read 1948 times)

For me, its to get faster in the shorter races (5K to 10M), run 1000 miles and stay injury free.

Think Whirled Peas

I just plan on running. A lot. All year.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

dfffff

Extend consecutive day running streak to 1 year (and beyond!) 26: xx 8K 15: xx 5K 2500+ miles No injuries
          Hello everyone, My 2008 goals: 1. Have fun! 2. Exceed 2000 miles 3. Exceed my 2007 total yearly elevation gain (currently 305,000' vertical) 4. Finish a 100 mile ultra, shooting for the Leadville 100 in August. 5. Not get (too) injured 6. Have an insane amount of fun! Happy new year! - Chris
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hello everyone, My 2008 goals: 1. Have fun! 2. Exceed 2000 miles 3. Exceed my 2007 total yearly elevation gain (currently 305,000' vertical) 4. Finish a 100 mile ultra, shooting for the Leadville 100 in August. 5. Not get (too) injured 6. Have an insane amount of fun! Happy new year! - Chris
            Shocked Wow! That's a lot of hills, Chris! You're lucky to live in Boulder - it's beautiful there. I lived there until I was 3 (my dad went to CU), but I guess that doesn't count. Good luck with your goals!
              1) break 1000 miles 2) run 2nd marathon 3) get my M.Ed. Diploma 4) change many diapers (my wife is due Jan 12th)

Falling is easy, it's getting back up that becomes the problem ~Staind

1. Stay healthy and injury free all year. 2. Run 12 races, 1 per month. 3. Run at least 100 miles per month. 4.(This is the one I'll regret) 2008 ING New York City Marathon. 5. ...and yes, I hope to pass all my courses! -Jonathan
                I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock

jfa

Nice name Dave ! Cool Where's your town? I'm in Brick Good thread too. Here goes- 1100 miles this year. Belmar 5 miler in less than 43:00. Manasquan Resevior 5 miler (hilly)in less than 44:00 If my body tells me over the winter that I can do it, the Jersey Shore Marathon in May.Under 4:30 for my first would be awesome.

-Be grateful for everything -1000 miles in 2008 -PR in Indy Mini in May -Slow down-not every run is a race!
                      Shocked Wow! That's a lot of hills, Chris! You're lucky to live in Boulder - it's beautiful there. I lived there until I was 3 (my dad went to CU), but I guess that doesn't count. Good luck with your goals!
                      Thanks! It's a really great place to live... I feel very fortunate to be able to run all these trails.
                        I have a little bit of a different goal. I am going to Maui in May and so my goal after already losing 40lbs last year is to be able to stand on the beach on my first day of vacation in my first ever bikini. I think I would cry!!! I need to SERIOUSLY up the crunches for the next 5 months. And the other goal is to run my first 10K, I dont even care what the time is, as long as it is less than 1hr20 mins.
                          Hey on a side note, I just noticed a couple of people from my town of Brick, NJ are also on this forum. Since I am a CR refugee, may I suggest a Nj user group (i didnt see one already)???? I dont know how to start one yet though......
                          racerunner1314

1st half marathon- Feb 10, 2008 1st marathon- nj marathon May 4, 2008 Break 20 min for the 5K Bread 45 min for the 10K 2000 miles for the year Happy new year to all.
                              Main: Complete the Pikes Peak Ascent in less than the average time Other: Lose remaining 15-20 pounds improve 10k time to better than 7:00 pace Complete a marathon in under 4:00:00

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Anyone have pizza?

1. Stay injury free. 2. Run 2000+ Miles, but be consistent about it. 3. Run a sub 4 hour marathon. 4. Get down to 150 pounds and stay there. 5. Get some fricken' abs for pete's sake!!! Smile