Stupid, bozo, poopy, dumb-dumb, jerk-wad, asshat pseudo-injury (Read 904 times)

...YakTrax. Too bad they won't keep my feet as warm and dry, though. That was one feature of those specialized shoes that I really was enjoying--hot feet even with windchills below 0. k
    today, i ran 8 miles with goretex sock i got from cabella's for fishing. that could be an idea. a little snug in the shoe, but not bad: just laced looser. wore a liner sock, too. nice and dry on a snow covered trail. sealskins (not sure exactly spelled that way) are also waterproof.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That sock idea is a good one--my Smartwools are good in most conditions, but if a shoe is particularly breathable and it's especially cold...then I feel it a bit. Next Fall I may just look at some trail shoes, since I know a lot of them tend to have more weather-resistant uppers. Then I can slap the YakTrax on those as needed.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

#artbydmcbride

{{{Zoom-Zoom}}} I hope your pseudo injury heels/heals up fast!

Runners run

That sock idea is a good one--my Smartwools are good in most conditions, but if a shoe is particularly breathable and it's especially cold...then I feel it a bit. Next Fall I may just look at some trail shoes, since I know a lot of them tend to have more weather-resistant uppers. Then I can slap the YakTrax on those as needed.
          smartwools ... mmmmm ... best sock ever? been wearing them a good decade. all activities. had a few bum pairs, but most seem to wear like iron.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

smartwools ... mmmmm ... best sock ever? been wearing them a good decade. all activities. had a few bum pairs, but most seem to wear like iron.
            I only discovered them maybe 18 months ago, but I am a convert/addict! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

{{{Zoom-Zoom}}} I hope your pseudo injury heels/heals up fast!
              I *heart* puns! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

HTFU Zoomy's heel! Angry

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

invisible

zoom-zoom, So, what was the specialized Winter shoe that did you in? Smile
                  90 percent of the game is not giving up.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

zoom-zoom, So, what was the specialized Winter shoe that did you in? Smile
                    NB 921. Nice shoe, but not a good fit for my foot... Cry

~ Sarah Kay

invisible

Ah. For winter running, I like The North Face 103 Ultra XCR and the Arnuva 100 TR GTX. The Arnuva has unbelievable traction in the snow.
                        I *heart* puns! Big grin
                        These will help your heal. A three-legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West. He slides up to the bar and announces…I’m looking for the man who shot my paw. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "But why?" they asked, as they moved off. "Because I can’t stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.” And the grand finale: The symphony orchestra was performing Beethoven's Ninth. In the piece, there's a long passage, about 20 minutes, during which the bass violinists have nothing to do. Rather than sit around that whole time looking stupid, some bassists decided to sneak offstage and go to the tavern next door for a quick one. After slamming several beers in quick succession, one of them looked at his watch and said, "Hey! We need to get back!" "No need to panic," said a fellow bassist. "I thought we might need some extra time, so I tied the last few pages of the conductor's score together with string. It will take him a few minutes to get it untangled." A few moments later they staggered back to the concert hall and took their places in the orchestra. About this time, a member of the audience noticed the conductor seemed a bit edgy and said as much to her companion. "Well, of course," said her companion. "Don't you see? "It's the bottom of the Ninth, the score is tied, and the bassists are loaded."

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, those look great! Any idea if NF makes wide widths? That's the primary reason I like NB...lotsa VERY wide shoes with narrow heels. The 921s were the exception. I think they were originally a Dunham designed shoe model.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

These will help your heal.
                            Clowning around Awesome! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

invisible

Ooh, those look great! Any idea if NF makes wide widths? That's the primary reason I like NB...lotsa VERY wide shoes with narrow heels. The 921s were the exception. I think they were originally a Dunham designed shoe model.
                              I really don't know what the TNF widths are supposed to be. I also like New Balance and wear a 9 1/2 double E. In TNF, I wear a 10 and find the shoes slightly wider than the NB's.
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...so you also have wide feet. I may have to look into a pair if TNF shoes next year, then. We have a few places that carry them, so I should be able to at least try them on. k

~ Sarah Kay