Wow...Heath Ledger is dead (Read 895 times)

Now that was a bath...

A newspaper article is just a story. Real life is different.
    Unless of course the newspaper article is telling the truth then they are exactly the same thing. I don't need to search every single moment of sadness on the internet to justify feeling sad for Heath. But I like that you want to take the piscicles out of us for that sadness because today (in the words of Narcotics Anonymous 'Just for today') my benched arse is ready fight. Oh and this... "the goodness of life is from the inside out" made me giggle again. Update your profile.
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Now that was a bath...

I don't care whether the person next to me has any feelings about something like this. But I do care if the person next to me tells me that I shouldn't feel bad, if they try to dictate to me that I should not have whatever feeling I have. Just like I'm sure they wouldn't care for me dictating to them how they should feel. If there is one thing that is personal in life, it's our feelings, how we each react to things as individuals. Having to justify one's feelings or lack thereof is never a pleasant position to be in. How about we just allow each other to feel what we do or don't feel about the matter and leave it at that? Smile
      This rocks home with me. Last night as I cried to my husband that after a year of waiting and only two days of running I was benched again for between four - eighteen months...he had the nerve to say... 'What's the point in crying?' I didn't cry because there was a point. I cried because I was sad. After all, Heath Ledger is dead Wink

Now that was a bath...

And all of that was for 'Not running'. Don't expect anyone to feel 'sad' for me - but guess what Endurancedude - somebody actually might.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And all of that was for 'Not running'. Don't expect anyone to feel 'sad' for me - but guess what Endurancedude - somebody actually might.
          I do...and I've yet to meet you (notice I said YET).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hey, I do too. I haven't met you. Yet. Smile

Michelle

obiebyke

Kooky, you're benched AGAIN? I'm sorry. That makes me sad. Emotions never have a point. They just are. You can feel like a dumbass for having them, but that won't make them go away.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Emotions never have a point. They just are. You can feel like a dumbass for having them, but that won't make them go away.
                True. Smile

Michelle

pandajenn19

Claire, that is infintely sadder and more distressing news than an actor dying. I am so very sorry you are benched again!!! You express all the emotion you want about that, I don't think anyone has the nerve to tell you not to. {{{Claire}}}

Top 'O the World!

sorry Kooky..... on the original topic.... This reminds me a great deal of Jim Henson (36 yrs of age @ time of death) who was working way too hard to take care of an illness (believe it was pneumonia) I'll miss his work too.......& also from yrs ago working EMS....took a call of a 20 yr old who took 1 prescription sleeping pill given to him by a well meaning friend....his Mom found him...I don't remember the exact tox rpts, but....... I guess I'm just a little stunned - he wasn't one of the "Tabloid babies" ....he seemed pretty "normal" (from what I've heard) His public presence didn't seem at all psychotic, like many Hollyweirds do...I really did enjoy his acting style & well, selfish me will miss that!.....on the empathic side, I DO have a 28 yr old son & a 2 yr old granddaughter who absolutely adores her daddy! Kinda hard NOT to take a pause there! Strange as it may sound, I'm praying that they determine it an accident. It will make coping so much easier for the family (whom I just feel obligated to pray for)
                    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Dog-Love

I do Claire I don't know you...but I root for you all the time! I don't know you...but you make me laugh...not so much because of the pictures of the stomache vacuum ....but the thought of you taking those pictures...and I don't even know you..you are definately ALIVE So I am sad and I feel your "no running pain"
                      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

sorry Kooky..... on the original topic.... This reminds me a great deal of Jim Henson (36 yrs of age @ time of death) who was working way too hard to take care of an illness (believe it was pneumonia) I'll miss his work too.
                        I was very sad when JH died. His work was responsible for so many happy memories. My son adores the Muppets and it's sad that the potential for new creative genius like that died with Mr. Henson.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

Empathy. A truly beautiful thing. Thank you all. I'll shut up now. The long term bench emotion is dangerously close to PMT and I have a date with a gay gardener. He gardens. And he's gay.
                            He gardens.And he's gay.
                            Big grin So not boring, no matter what an 8 y/o will say.

Michelle

Now that was a bath...

Not boring at all. He's about 6ft 6 and camp as tent. He employs lots of young fit shirtless Maori and Samoan lads to do the heavy work around the garden centre. I enjoy watching him enjoy watching. Heck, who am I trying to kid. I just enjoy watching.
                              JakeKnight

God, please give me the strength to keep my mouth shut. Amen. Trent's Internet sucks. In real life, when people are discussing something they're sad about, nobody ever shows up to explain why they shouldn't be sad. Hell, I'm bummed about Steve Irwin a year and a half later. So sue me. Trent - work on this. Your Internet needs a doorman with a psychology degree. Give me credit. I mostly kept my mouth shut. I didn't say one word about lack of empathy being the defining trait in psychopathy. Or the capability to empathize arguably being the single trait that defines our humanity. Oops. Never mind. -------------------------------------- (waves to Mom) Hi, Mom. What's this crap about your leg? Are you seriously on the bench again? Am I allowed to be sad about it? Somebody let me know.
                                This rocks home with me. Last night as I cried to my husband that after a year of waiting and only two days of running I was benched again for between four - eighteen months...he had the nerve to say... 'What's the point in crying?' I didn't cry because there was a point. I cried because I was sad.
                                I should have read more. Damn. It really puts my last few days off in perspective. I'm so sorry, Claire. I'm sad for you. We're going to have to push back Waiheke (spelling?) until 2012 I guess. Maybe this will give you more time to post pictures. At least you can make Scout happy.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------