Wow...Heath Ledger is dead (Read 895 times)

madness baby

Jake, Smarty pants Wink Claire, Cry What sad news.
    deb
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In real life, when people are discussing something they're sad about, nobody ever shows up to explain why they shouldn't be sad.
      And you know what IS great about feeling sadness for a stranger? Realizing how lucky we are. I can feel sad for celebrities and strangers who encounter sources of grief, but it doesn't make me depressed (which is a point I think EnduranceMan misses re: feeling sad when strangers have lost loved-ones) because it helps to put my own life in contrast--I feel bad for Heath Ledger's little girl and it gives me pause to think about how fortunate I was to never lose a parent and how fortunate my son is to have to living, loving parents, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

I am sad too. I think because death is so final and something like this (surprising/shocking) reminds me that it could be anybody at any time. And I was thinking of his little girl, and then I saw a clip of his parents on the Today show and that made me sad too. Death leaves such a hole that you just don't expect and affects people that you don't think about until it happens. Sad on a less serious note: Heath was on my 'list' and now I'll have to recalculate an updated five. Smile Jilly
        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
          on a less serious note: Heath was on my 'list' and now I'll have to recalculate an updated five. Smile Jilly
          If you want the 'Accountants of 08' calendar you'll have to talk with Sully's wife. And, kooky, very sorry to hear about your benching.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

gracerunner

I am sad too. I think because death is so final and something like this (surprising/shocking) reminds me that it could be anybody at any time.
            I never forget, and don't need reminders. I live every waking moment knowing it could be my last. That's why I don't waste time getting sad over people I don't know. That's why I try to love everyone in my life with all my guts. Now. The real people IN MY REALITY. And when they die, my guts will be spilled in grief. I will cry real tears, and feel real sadness for my loved ones. Then after awhile, I will be done with it. Life goes on. There is no time. None. Be happy that Heath reminded you of that. Be happy!!!

Now that was a bath...

. There is no time. None. Be happy that Heath reminded you of that. Be happy!!!
              Endurance fella - I get from your posts that you are a very clever and analytical person but I really think that you are over analyzing a pretty basic response from your group of dotcomrades. We are not sobbing and threatening suicide. We are not dwelling on our 'I'm sad' moments and comparing the grief to the loss of a loved one. If we were, everything that you have posted would have been entirely appropriate. As it is I can only think that you have recently lost someone or have experienced the loss of someone very close and that you are finding it hard to read what we are actually saying. Truth is - I don't like you telling me to be happy any more than I liked you telling me not to be sad. I own my own emotions and crazy as they are - I have a right to say 'I'm sad' without being undermined for it. Your posts come across as patronizing - it's like you're saying that you have it exactly right on the emotion front and everyone else is a fool. You are wrong however. I for one don't cry at pictures of puppies or sappy movies. Heck, years on the streets as an addict beat a lot of emotion out of me. But I quite like people that do. They remind me that life contains a purity that I have lost and I am happy for every person that gets to be sad over the smaller things in life. Do you know I once carried the limp and lifeless body of an overdosed punter to a rubbish skip and discarded him there for fear that the police would come and ruin my day. I looked death in the face (this man was actually a friend of mine) and felt no sadness at all. I am glad to have found my sadness as it was part of my healing, part of me rejoining the world and saying. 'Claire's back' So don't get upset over my pain for Heath Ledger - in the big picture of shit things that have happened to me (and believe me brother you can only start to imagine the surface of that one) Heath Ledger's death is a trivial sadness. But it is one that I ain't going to let some guy from an internet chat room diminish. I am Claire. I have feelings nowadays. I am sad for Heath Ledger, his child and his family. I am especially sad for the guy that I threw in a dumpster, but hey, he would have done the same for me.
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
              gracerunner

Endurance fella - I get from your posts that you are a very clever and analytical person but I really think that you are over analyzing a pretty basic response from your group of dotcomrades.
                I think you are over analyzing my stellar over-analyzation. Your recent term paper post in response to mine was very interesting. I enjoy your mind so far. Sharp. The more I look at the posts, the more I see that most women enjoy feeling sad as much as they do all their other emotions. They love to cry. They seem to feel first and think later, sometimes very much later. Am I wrong? Smile I'm a guy, and I'm probably unconsciously holding the guy-line of "ain't it amazing I didn't cry when you punched me in the mouth?", although for a split second, I felt like it. Like a guy, I'd like to bust balls one last time, and hopefully no one will take it personally, though some will. Make sure everyone checks the obituaries today, and if you're not there, rejoice, but not for long-- make sure you keep the sad feeling going by reading all the obits. The beauty of it is there are new dead people every day! And all died horribly. Very sad. Very, very sad. Off to run.
                obiebyke

Claire, you rock. That is all.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Now that was a bath...

"I think you are over analyzing my stellar over-analyzation. Your recent term paper post in response to mine was very interesting. I enjoy your mind so far. Sharp." Why thank you - I think! "The more I look at the posts, the more I see that most women enjoy feeling sad as much as they do all their other emotions. They love to cry. They seem to feel first and think later, sometimes very much later. Am I wrong? Smile " Yes you are. "I'm a guy, and I'm probably unconsciously holding the guy-line of "ain't it amazing I didn't cry when you punched me in the mouth?", although for a split second, I felt like it." A redeeming moment methinks. "Like a guy, I'd like to bust balls one last time, and hopefully no one will take it personally, though some will." I don't really believe you hope that, but if you say so. "Make sure everyone checks the obituaries today, and if you're not there, rejoice, but not for long-- make sure you keep the sad feeling going by reading all the obits. The beauty of it is there are new dead people every day! And all died horribly. Very sad. Very, very sad." Why? Seriously Endurance man, why? You have a right hand and some trousers. Remove the trousers and employ the hand. You have forgotten in all of this that you don't actually have a point. Stop trying to create one. "Off to run." Fast I hope. Clear your head. Have fun.
                    pandajenn19

Endurance, I mean this as kindly as possible, but every post of yours in this thread just seems to miss the mark even more. I would suggest that you might consider quitting while you are ahead. Wink Over simplifying and trivializing this to say that women like to be emotional and men like to be unemotional is just... Well, I'm going to be nice about and say that it's not from my perspective a good thing to say. Worse, saying that women "think later, sometimes very much later" is one of those internet statements that I simply cannot wrap my brain around. What possesses a man to say something like that to a bunch of women?
                        Anyone do a line for Heath? Big grin

Vim

Agree to disagree. Hatchet burying time, methinks.
                            Oh that was bad. Shame on you. Angry Wink

Michelle

Now that was a bath...

No - but I did several for EnduranceMan It makes him somehow - more bearable

The voice of mile 18

<quote pid=" like a guy, i'd like to bust balls one last time, and hopefully no one will take it personally, though some will. make sure everyone checks the obituaries today, and if you're not there, rejoice, but not for long-- make sure you keep the sad feeling going by reading all the obits. the beauty of it is there are new dead people every day! and all died horribly. very sad. very, very sad. off to run.</quote> but if you read it in the paper it doesn't count cause they aren't real. enjoy the run pid=""></quote pid=" like a guy, i'd like to bust balls one last time, and hopefully no one will take it personally, though some will. make sure everyone checks the obituaries today, and if you're not there, rejoice, but not for long-- make sure you keep the sad feeling going by reading all the obits. the beauty of it is there are new dead people every day! and all died horribly. very sad. very, very sad. off to run.</quote> but if you read it in the paper it doesn't count cause they aren't real. enjoy the run >

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy