4 or 5 days (Read 458 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Hello! I'm planning to do a half in June and am making my schedule. It will be my first, but only because I got injured 3 weeks before the one I was going to do in the beginning of march. Regardless I am making my schedule and am debating on 4 or 5 days of running. Right now I am running 3 days a week as I am coming off of my knee injury. Plan on adding a 4th day this week. Running 4 days next week and then possibly hoping to 5 depending of course on if I pick a 4 or 5 day a week run. So here is a 2 week sample of the 5 day: Rest 3 4 3 Rest 2 8 20 (total) Rest 3 4 3 Rest 3 9 22 (total) Or would it be better to take one of those shorter runs and spread it out to make one of the runs a middle distance. Because at the end where I have a 12mi my longest weekday run is 5mi and I wonder if it should be more like 7mi ?? So my questions are does there need to be a mid-week run that is at least half of your long run distance? If so, then I need to do 4 days, if it doesn't matter which is better 4 or 5 days?

SMART Approach

I think the more days the better but 4 would be fine working up to the below but you have to give yourself time to build this. Plenty of time. Shoot for the below but don't push to get there. 4-5 slow 7-8 w/ some marathon pace miles off 4-5 slow 11-12 faster finish if feeling good off or 4 7 w/ a bit of faster running. off 4 4 11 w/ faster finish off

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Oh Mighty Wing

that was where i was hoping my last couple weeks before the half would be but i'm concerned about building to quickly and re-hurting myself. but i think i might see how the next couple of weeks go and adjust where necessary!