Shiver by the River Part 3 (Read 603 times)

Well 3rd 5k of the Shiver by the River series DONE! I didn't PR but I'm very pleased with my performance. The weather was GREAT for racing today and I guess ALOT of people thought so. I'm not sure what the official count for the race was today but I'm sure it was ALOT. I've never seen such a messy start. People were pushing there way through the pack, at least one girl that I saw fell to the ground and was immediatly trampled on. Not a great way for a race to start. First mile was slow, not suprised with how it started. Second mile was faster however I wasn't paying attention to my splits like I should have been. With so much going on in life lately I find myself crawling inside my head during runs and thinking about things I really shouldn't be bothering. I realized in going into the 3rd mile that I was feeling way too good for a 5k. At that point I really wasn't sure how long I had been running and I'm not one to do math while running (though I really should) I did know that if I didn't speed it up that I would NOT be happy with my performance. So I did, however not enough to PR. I kicked it into "high" gear. I was feeling good and feeling fast. I asked dh if I looked like I was booking and he's like no you looked just like you were running not sprinting. Well in truth I was feeling great and really should have pushed it more but such is life. I need to find me a pacer! I have no interest (ok I get sucked into my own head) in other people (unless I'm running with them) during the race until the last quarter mile or so of the race. That is when I look to pass as many people as I can. Now if I run with someone who is faster than I and can run the pace I'm looking to run I think I'd have no problem doing it. Just need help with my focus. Anyway other than the start I had an enjoyable race. I'm hoping to have a "painfull" race next month however! Here's my splits 1 7:53 1.00 8.7 99 2 7:39 1.00 9.4 101 3 7:18 1.00 10.1 100 4 0:34 0.10 10.3 9 and the picture DH took right before I crossed the finish line MTA: I was cruising arround at about a 5:40 pace in that picture Photobucket

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pam, you look like you are floating in that pic! It may not have been a PR, but it is still super speedy! Big grin Sounds like a cool race series...are all races done on the same course?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Pam, you look like you are floating in that pic!
        Nope, at 5:40 pace she was FLYING. Smile I clicked on the recent activity on the main page, so I didn't see who started the thread. My browser showed me Zoomy's comment, and rockenmam's legs. If there was a "name those legs" gameshow I woulda won, I knowed they was yours Pam. Find a pacer and destroy that PR!

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If there was a "name those legs" gameshow I woulda won, I knowed they was yours Pam.
          Now THAT would be a fun thread...get a bunch of pics of RA members legs and then have people try to match the legs to the poster. Big grin Trent's would be easy peasy. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Trent's would be easy peasy. Evil grin
            That would be the warmup gimme. (It would be the Disney character's feet that gives it away, right?) Wink

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That would be the warmup gimme. (It would be the Disney character's feet that gives it away, right?) Wink
              Oh, of course! There's nothing else about his legs that sets him apart. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Pam, you look like you are floating in that pic! It may not have been a PR, but it is still super speedy! Big grin Sounds like a cool race series...are all races done on the same course?
                Thanks! Yep it's done on the same course. Kind of why I get so frustrated at myself.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nope, at 5:40 pace she was FLYING. Smile I clicked on the recent activity on the main page, so I didn't see who started the thread. My browser showed me Zoomy's comment, and rockenmam's legs. If there was a "name those legs" gameshow I woulda won, I knowed they was yours Pam. Find a pacer and destroy that PR!
                  LOL Blush I'm trying to get dh to run enough that he's can get back into shape like he was a few years ago so he can pace me however that won't be for awhile.

Now THAT would be a fun thread...get a bunch of pics of RA members legs and then have people try to match the legs to the poster. Big grin Trent's would be easy peasy. Evil grin
                    That would be a fun thread! Nice Hijack Tongue

Prince of Fatness

Just noticed this. Congrats! Nice pic, too

Not at it at all. 

Certifiably Insane

Great job! If you're running this well this early in the year, you'll be doing real well in the spring and summer races. My wife loves PA. She lived in Pittsburgh when she was married before. Now, she's stuck in Indiana...and HATES it! I have to be nice to her, or she'll move back there. Or to Georgia. Or to FL. She lived there, too, but she'd pretty much move just about anywhere BUT here. Keep up the great work!
                        On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30