Salazar Training (Read 297 times)

HermosaBoy

Not sure if anyone else has posted about this, but it looks like Alberto Salazar is now going to start doing online training. Looking at the site, it looks more like training plan development?  The part that I found interesting was step 5 -- Record Your Progress.  That integrated running journal looks somewhat familiar to me.

Might there be a tie to some work from a certain smiley face guy?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Joann Y

World-rewnowned!

mikeymike

World-rewnowned!

Heh. The website is so bad and lacking information it makes me I wonder whether Al Sal is actually involved or if someone is just using his name to dupe people into giving their credit card numbers.

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

Disappointing. There is no mention of fashion advice.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Joann Y

Hopefully they don't try to dupe anyone into dressing like Al Sal.

Feeling the growl again

I actually HOPE there is something nefarious going on here and Salazar is not involved.

There is no way Salazar would be giving personal attention and developing personal plans for each person who signs up for such a thing.  He has bigger training plans to worry about.  No, they will take whatever metrics they ask for from you, plug them into some algorithm, and call that "personalized".

Once upon a time I signed up for (and paid handsomely for) personal training from a well-known coach.  It turned out to be anything but.  Unless the coach is willing to get on the phone with you and have a real conversation from time to time, you're not being coached and you're not being fed a personalized plan.

There are so many good plans around for free/cheap now, I'm not sure why someone would want to pay for another.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

sport jester

Biomimeticist

The website is a waste of money regardless to who made it. the man is a worthless coward with his only accomplishment to be wasting millions of dollars of uncle Phil's money. His only job with that company has been to train a Caucasian athlete to take the long distance running crown from the Kenyan athletes who have dominated the finish podium for decades.

And he has failed miserably...

So why would anyone let him clean their toilets, let alone teach them to run.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

rlopez

Well I see that some things have not changed.

#artbydmcbride

<swooning>

Disappointing. There is no mention of fashion advice.

Runners run

MrH

Heh. The website is so bad and lacking information it makes me I wonder whether Al Sal is actually involved or if someone is just using his name to dupe people into giving their credit card numbers.

It looks like the site is owned by his son Alex, who also works for Nike.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Feeling the growl again

It looks like the site is owned by his son Alex, who also works for Nike.

Either dad needs to slap his son for doing such a thing behind his back, or dad is dumb for letting this go on to give his son a bone.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

keeponrunning

Interesting that it uses a screenshot of the RA log.  If Eric isn't in on it, they are infringing on his website design.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

HermosaBoy

Looks like it is live now.  $89 for a training plan...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

phred_qz

Wow.  Ya'll are so right.  Just took a look at the screenshot on "get started -Step 5"  - I KNOW this training log well!    If running ahead is getting some $$ for it, than I'm all good with that.... but if they are code-scraping and not paying, there's gotta be an infringement there... they didn't even change the log colors.

http://www.salazartraining.com/GettingStarted.aspx

50 Miles - done

41.6 Miles - done

26.2 Miles - done

...now it's time to get faster. 

Joann Y

My personal favorite.. At this time we can only accommodate runners running less than 60 miles per week. WTH?

Ooh, and this is fun too, you can have Jordan Hassay sign your tshirt. That would be so cool if she would sign it like that.