Garmin Forerunner Integration completed (Read 3794 times)

eric :)

Hi, Eric. For the most part this has been working great. Today, for an "other" type of activity (we were skiing), I tried to make my map public, and got a pop-up which said, "unable to translate status code (100))". This is for http://www.runningahead.com/logs/db816ba95fe7403490ba401d30cb44ae/workouts/05f8aa24eccf4121b5816cdd506acaa8/map . I'm using chrome. A second minor issue I've been seeing is that chrome doesn't seem to find the garmin control the first time, but once I reload the page it's found just fine. I'm guessing that's a chrome / garmin compatibility issue, but thought I'd mention to you just in case it's a site problem.
    That was you that generated the error messages? I removed a couple of emails from the server saying that it's unable to find the data, but I wasn't sure why or how. I checked and was able to change the permission just now. I'm not sure what happened but please give it a try again. eric Smile

The default for importing maps is to make them private. Can that be changed so that the default is for public maps?
      The import will always default to private for security reasons. However, the importer also remembers your preferences so if you check it, it will remain checked until you uncheck it.
        That was you that generated the error messages? I removed a couple of emails from the server saying that it's unable to find the data, but I wasn't sure why or how. I checked and was able to change the permission just now. I'm not sure what happened but please give it a try again. eric Smile
        That seems to have fixed this problem. Another thing I noticed was that the importer would read my garmin for the second ski run of the day, but it didn't seem to show up "after the server processed" it. I had to export from TC and load the file to get the second run to show up. I even tried to uncheck where it loads only newer files but that didn't seem to work either. Thanks -- this is a great feature!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

That seems to have fixed this problem. Another thing I noticed was that the importer would read my garmin for the second ski run of the day, but it didn't seem to show up "after the server processed" it. I had to export from TC and load the file to get the second run to show up. I even tried to uncheck where it loads only newer files but that didn't seem to work either. Thanks -- this is a great feature!
          I think I've finally tracked down the problem. Garmin's data is not properly formated and I need to do some "massaging" on the server. When the server encounters a problem that it doesn't know how to handle, it just stops processing, which is what you're seeing. I should have a fix in a couple of hours.
            I think I've finally tracked down the problem. Garmin's data is not properly formated and I need to do some "massaging" on the server. When the server encounters a problem that it doesn't know how to handle, it just stops processing, which is what you're seeing. I should have a fix in a couple of hours.
            Cool, thanks!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

I downloaded all my garmin data. I only saved the last few runs and left the other ones as unsaved. Today it looks like all the unsaved runs auto saved and my mileage is way up. I know I can just delete these and all will be fine, but I thought I'd let you know so that you could look at my training log.

I downloaded all my garmin data. I only saved the last few runs and left the other ones as unsaved. Today it looks like all the unsaved runs auto saved and my mileage is way up. I know I can just delete these and all will be fine, but I thought I'd let you know so that you could look at my training log.
                  Meep meep, As I indicated in another post, there was a bug that sneaked in that migrated your GPS entries into the log. I've fixed the problem so it won't happen again. I will run regenerate the overall data now. eric :-)

Insert witty title here

So I'm a little late on this, but bravo on the Garmin Import! Now I truly need no site other than RA for all my running needs Big grin I do have one suggestion/question though. It doesn't seem to default the equipment field to anything so when I've forgotten (about half the time) I end up with a blank and the mileage on my current shoes is off until I go back and correct it. Is there any way you can make it default to the one used from the most recent entry or something like that? I think that's what the manual entry method does.

ThomasRuns Blog
                    Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Eric, you should get some sort of commission from Garmin on this - you are helping their sales! I finally bit the bullet and bought a new 205 yesterday, to replace my old refurbed 201. I had wanted to do this for over a year, but it was this feature that finally put me over the edge.

TRUST THE PROCESS

evanflein

Eric, I thought it would only add the Garmin runs if you went in and "saved" the run to your log from the server?? Well, that's the way it was working. Now it's added all my Garmin runs to my log as "Default" so my log is all screwed up, showing about double the mileage I've actually run except the days I ran on the treadmill. Is there a way to have it not do this?? I don't want all my Garmin runs in there unless I save them to the log...

Eric, I thought it would only add the Garmin runs if you went in and "saved" the run to your log from the server?? Well, that's the way it was working. Now it's added all my Garmin runs to my log as "Default" so my log is all screwed up, showing about double the mileage I've actually run except the days I ran on the treadmill. Is there a way to have it not do this?? I don't want all my Garmin runs in there unless I save them to the log...
                          evanflein, There was a bug introduced in the Training Center data upload that automatically migrated entries. I've fixed that bug as soon as it was discovered. I looked through your log and the easiest thing to do is to delete those entries. Do a search for run entries of "Default" workouts, then just delete them individually. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. eric :-)
                            Works now! Awesome! Thanks, Eric!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Just wanted to say a big THANKS AGAIN for all your hard work on this site. It is greatly appreciated.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

an amazing likeness

I've been experimenting a bit with importing Garmin data and have a couple quick questions: 1) How to I make the importer ignore the "interval" section. Even when I don't have the Forerunner recording any intervals, the import seems to make me treat the run as an interval and give it a name, etc. 2) After import, when I look at the mapped data, the elevation plot runs "backwards" to the run plot. That is, the data on the far right of the elevation plot is actually mile 1 and the ending mile is on the left most of the elevation plot. I have no previous experience with RA log, so I may just be being a newbie moron with these.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.