To the RA peeps in warmer climates... (Read 692 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

...anyone got a spare room I can bunk in for the next 24 hours? ...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 12 PM EST WEDNESDAY... PLUMMETING TEMPERATURES AND SNOW WILL ICE OVER THE ROADS THIS EVENING. WINDS GUSTING TO 50 MPH WILL RESULT IN NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS. EXPECT UP TO 6 INCHES OF SNOW ALONG WITH THE HIGH WINDS...AND HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING. SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES ARE ALSO POSSIBLE TONIGHT AND WEDNESDAY MORNING DUE TO THE HIGH WINDS. A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED ALONG WITH STRONG WINDS... MAKING TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE. AVOID TRAVEL TONIGHT IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. Roll eyes

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Sorry to hear that zoomie....Ran a nice three miles today in shorts and a T-shirt and it is a balmy 54 right now....but not rubbing it in at all Tongue
      2009 Goals...:
      -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
        awww...so sorry! our winter storm reports go something like this... LOW 50'S WITH 10% CHANCE OF SCATTERED RAIN SHOWERS AND WIND GUSTS UP TO 15MPH! Shocked

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sorry to hear that zoomie....Ran a nice three miles today in shorts and a T-shirt and it is a balmy 54 right now....but not rubbing it in at all Tongue
          It was in the 40s, today (I'm sick with probably a mild flu, so no run today...thanks to DH and DS), 2 days ago we had a ton of snow. I think this is the most erratic Winter I've ever lived through. We had a day in the 50s not long ago and my MIL said it was in the 60s by her yesterday...she lives only about 8 hours away from us and our temps were about half that. k

~ Sarah Kay

Gotta TRI

Lifesabeach, Is San Diego really all that my wife says it is? My wife says she would move there in a heartbeat. We have been threatening to move for awhile now, and Cali keeps coming up. Any thoughts? Thanks, Andy
            2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
            JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

We have A LOT of snow heading in to our area. It's hovering around freezing and we have 8 or so inches at the moment. Smile (I'd use that really happy face, but I can't now. The teeth creep me out!)
              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
                after reading online dailies and seeing the conditions others run in, yes. Cool The only element that kept me from running outside last year was the smoke from the wild fires. There is a gaping hole in my log for that week. Dead Nows the time...it's the perfect time to afford a house here since the market has crashed.

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nows the time...it's the perfect time to afford a house here since the market has crashed.
                  Really? Man, you know it's bad when the poor housing market is even having an effect on SD. I'd LOVE to live in SoCal. I have a friend in the LA area and I would love to live there. She's close enough to the ocean that it never gets too hot. It kind of reminds me of our area in the Summer, only with palm trees...love those endless beaches. k

~ Sarah Kay

yep, now's the time. Last I heard, foreclosures have gone up 350% Shocked and the median home price range fell from 600K to 479K.

Jennifer mm#1231

Brrrrrrr - thinking of your winter just gave me a chill!!! Our winter has been pretty mild. My kids are really hoping for some snow days, but they might be out of luck this year.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

yep, now's the time. Last I heard, foreclosures have gone up 350% Shocked and the median home price range fell from 600K to 479K.
                        Wow, that's HUGE! I don't even want to know the stats here, but I know the housing market is nearly frozen. I hope it improves before we are ready to sell. I really don't want to be trapped here forever. Black eye

~ Sarah Kay

Sorry zoom, I broke a sweat today in 60 degrees of bliss.
                          chrimbler

Well if it makes you feel better I just ran 3 miles in -32 deg C (not sure what that is in F) with a windchill of -54 C...you gotta love Canadian Prairies! Clowning around
                            Run like you stole it!
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well if it makes you feel better I just ran 3 miles in -32 deg C (not sure what that is in F) with a windchill of -54 C...you gotta love Canadian Prairies! Clowning around
                              That's a windchill of -65.2 ºF Shocked I hope you ran fast...owch!!! How do you avoid frostbite?

~ Sarah Kay

I gave blood today, and I asked the nice nurses if I could run tonight. All three said no. Never let qualified medical advice stand in the way of a run, there was no way in hell that I was going to let a 37 degree night go to waste. Compared to the stuff I've been running in, it felt absolutely tropical. The days are getting longer, hang in there Zoomie.

E.J.
                                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.