Phantom Cell Phone Vibrations (Read 490 times)

Supa Dupa Fly

Anyone else experience them? They make me feel like I'm crazy and/or way too attached to my cell phone. I also find that I think I hear my cell phone ring tone in certain songs. And then of course I have to look at my phone just to make sure it's not going off. sigh. Dead
    ~TC --There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't--
    obiebyke

OMG, I thought I was the only one! I feel my phone vibrate all the time. I think the leg muscle next to where my phone sits must have developed a vibrate-ring-like twitch. Drives me crazy. And makes me seem crazy.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

I have two phones with me during the day ...my personal phone and my work phone. I never had the problem with my personal phone but i wear my work phone clipped into the side of my front pocket and i'm constantly feeling like its vibrating. The crazy thing is it happens now when i'm not even wearing the phone!!! I thought i was going crazy and then i found out the other guy i work with has the same thing! Its so strange!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Phew, I thought I was the only one! What's weird is that if my phone rings/buzzes when I am running I don't generally hear or feel it. When I do I get annoyed...99% of the time it's my kid sister. Roll eyes

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

When I'm driving, the speaker in the driver's side door makes it feel like my phone is going off.
            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

OMG, I thought I was the only one! I feel my phone vibrate all the time. I think the leg muscle next to where my phone sits must have developed a vibrate-ring-like twitch. Drives me crazy. And makes me seem crazy.
              I too am glad it's not just me. For a while, I kept thinking that I have a weird muscle twitch in my leg, but since I only noticed it when the phone was in my pocket I assumed it was my phone. Of course, now I know that it's just The Man spying on my conversations. I'll bet they have a way to turn on the microphone on the phone remotely, and this is what we're feeling it. MTA: Holy crap! I was joking about "The Man" spying, but a curious search proves that this can really happen! CNET: FBI taps cell phone mic as eavesdropping tool
              The U.S. Commerce Department's security office warns that "a cellular telephone can be turned into a microphone and transmitter for the purpose of listening to conversations in the vicinity of the phone." An article in the Financial Times last year said mobile providers can "remotely install a piece of software on to any handset, without the owner's knowledge, which will activate the microphone even when its owner is not making a call."

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Fool

Today, I left my Crackberry at home. Cry For at least a dozen times this morning I've 'felt' it vibrating. The funny thing is I still reach for it even after I realized it is 15 miles away. Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
                jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Does the name Pavlov ring a bell?
                  Nice pun, whether unintended or not. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Member Since 2008

I get a vibration in my left front pocket all of the time, and check and realize I don't have my phone. I always chalked it up to nerves.