Garmin 305 data won't upload anymore (Read 1020 times)

I've been uploading my Garmin 305 data for several months now with no problems.  Yesterday I tried to upload and after it went through the motions, loaded tracks, etc., the screen would go to a different tab, and I got a message saying "recovered tab", and no data was uploaded.

I changed the internet explorer options so that it wouldn't restore crashes, so now it goes through the uploading process, then closes the webpage, nothing loads.  I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Thanks for your help!

Tony

eric :)

Tony,

The only thing that comes to mind is that your Garmin is misbehaving.  Usually holding the Mode and Reset buttons for several seconds would do the trick.

eric :-)

Thanks Eric,

I tried that and didn't help.  It seems to get all the way through the upload, then when it normally would give the message that the data is loaded, it refreshes the page.  When this worked, once the page was refreshed, the new workouts would show up.

Now instead of refreshing the page, it closes the page.

Maybe it's a browser setting or something??  

Hey Eric - Problem solved.

In case anyone else has this problem, here's what I did.

I ran internet explorer without addons (from my "accessories" menu), reloaded the Garmin usb plugin, and garmin connect.

Tried to upload, and it worked! woo hoo!!

eric :)

Thanks for the follow up Tony!  I'm glad that reinstalling the plugin fixed it.  I was going to suggest that next because there's nothing in my code that will crash the browser.  Only the plugin itself can crash it.