garmin fabric wrist strap (Read 725 times)

slowbutsteady

Has anyone tried the fabric wrist strap you can get for forerunners?  I have small wrists and while I love my garmin it does rub and knock against my wrist bone when I wear it.  Kinda hurts.  Just wondering if changing from the plastic band to a fabric velcro one would help with that.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wear mine over long sleeves or over a thin microfiber wristband during warmer months.  Works well.  I thought about the velcro, but I think it would get stinky and be sorta raspy against skin.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I have the velcro band.  I think it helps some with the wrist bone issue, but there is still some contact.  It no longer bothers me, so either the bone got used to it (I have a permanent discoloration from the bruising) or the velcro keeps it from hitting quite as much.  I like the velcro band.  It is a big sucker!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I liked the velcro strap until I tried using it during a triathlon, I should have tested it in the water before a race. Lost the strap as the face of the watch was mounted on my bike. Now I just use the original strap with it.
          Ice Cream

I use it over a wristband.  Works fine/

Member Since 2008

I wear mine over long sleeves or over a thin microfiber wristband during warmer months.  Works well.  I thought about the velcro, but I think it would get stinky and be sorta raspy against skin.

Dido,  I also find by putting it on over my long sleeved shirt, it does not get the charging conectors on the back as wet.

You could also try buying a Wrist Band (Like he basketball players wear) and put the Garmin on over that...

just an idea...

Champions are made when no one is watching