Hardcore (Read 882 times)

My legs are killing me

Ok it's 32 degrees out here and I just saw a guy out running with only his shoes and shorts. No shirt. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. And I thought I was tough running in this weather in shorts and 3 layers of shirts and a wool hat. I feel like a real whimp now.
    Scout7

There's a fine line between hardcore, and stupid.
        I have one word for folks like that. ostentatious
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I have two words for that. One ends in -ing and the other ends in -hole. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Elitist prick. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I saw a girl running around here in similar temperatures in a sports bra and shorts. I don't care how fast you are...unnecessary.

~Sara
              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Lazy idiot

If there is no wind, I will run in shorts at 32 degrees. Though I will also be wearing one or two long sleeve shirts as well. topless is crazy.

Tick tock

obsessor

I saw a girl running around here in similar temperatures in a sports bra and shorts. I don't care how fast you are...unnecessary.
                  wha'd she look like? It could be totally necessary. No, Hardcore is not how you dress. Hardcore is 140 to 180 mpw with 3 to 5 hard workouts a week. And getting outside no matter the weather. Or running on the dreadmill in the basement, staring at the wall for 2 hours a day every day. Hardcore is giving up favorite foods, drink, comfort, society, and sanity in the singular pursuit of some apex that may or may not be attainable.
                    I will consider obessor hardcore when he hits 400 or more miles this month. Wink Dude, Mr. obsessor, seriously, you are running a bunch! Is there a point? Okay, you are reaching for some APEX! What are you eating to fuel all these runs? Did you have one massive Christmas Feast!

Vim

Nice Big grin Must of been a real hot one. I'm curious was she steaming? DrewEOB, I am in agreement with you on the whole wind thing.

Vim

Another Passion

No, Hardcore is not how you dress. Hardcore is 140 to 180 mpw with 3 to 5 hard workouts a week. And getting outside no matter the weather. Or running on the dreadmill in the basement, staring at the wall for 2 hours a day every day. Hardcore is giving up favorite foods, drink, comfort, society, and sanity in the singular pursuit of some apex that may or may not be attainable.
                        Yea... I'll never be hardcore. I'd rather be happy and content and enjoying running then needlessly suffering. Just MHO. Smile

Rick
                        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

JakeKnight

The guy with no shirt is not hardcore. He's a showoff. Unless he's flabby but manly. Then he's hardcore. The girl is hardcore. Or fast. It's amazing how close to naked the elite marathoners are on a painfully cold day. I'm wearing 3 sweatshirts and a burka, they're wearing a singlet and shorts. I guess they can outrun the cold. My opinion on the girl may be biased by my natural sexist piggism. If she lost the bra, she be showing off, too. Or really hardcore. I can't decide.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Maybe these freaks are training for the Michigan Naked Mile. It was 37°F back when I ran it; needless to say, I was...unprepared.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Another Passion

The guy with no shirt is not hardcore. He's a showoff. Unless he's flabby but manly. Then he's hardcore. The girl is hardcore. Or fast. It's amazing how close to naked the elite marathoners are on a painfully cold day. I'm wearing 3 sweatshirts and a burka, they're wearing a singlet and shorts. I guess they can outrun the cold. My opinion on the girl may be biased by my natural sexist piggism. If she lost the bra, she be showing off, too. Or really hardcore. I can't decide.
                              Big grin You crack me up, dude! Big grin Thanks!

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

JakeKnight

Big grin You crack me up, dude! Big grin Thanks!
                                Wink
                                Maybe these freaks are training for the Michigan Naked Mile. It was 37°F back when I ran it; needless to say, I was...unprepared.
                                One of the only U of Mich traditions I approve of. And I can't believe I never did it. I didn't even go watch. I am ashamed.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------