2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

Got in 4 3/4 miles with the Cherokee Warriors running club in Tahlequah OK this afternoon. Had close to 70 degree weather right up until we got out of the truck. The temperature dropped 10 degrees in just a few minutes. It was in the low 50's by the end of our run. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be in the low 30's. Time to break the long johns again.

redleaf

I will probably not remember to post every day but I'll definitely post a round up on Sundays Smile Hope that's okay.

Thurs - 5 km

Friday - 2.2 km

Saturday - 5.6 km

Sunday - 2 km

And that's the end of November.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

xhristopher

X-  No, I usually just run in my neighborhood.  I hate to waste time driving anywhere.  My first 50K was on

Bartram Trail which goes from West Dam to Wild Wood Park / Keg Creek just across from Bussy point it

looks like.  The trail is nice but too much tree cover for me.  Kind of claustrophobic.  Looking at your map

Bussey Point looks pretty much covered as well.

I've been thinking of using Ft. Gordon Rec. area for my long runs (not all that far from my house) when I start

ramping up my miles again.  It's more open and not so desolate.  Plus there is the little store etcSmile

We do use the Augusta canal starting at Savannah Rapids Pavilion running toward Augusta out and back.  

It's a nice dirt road right between the river and the canal.   Roundtrip maybe 15 miles.  

If you want something more challenging you might like FATS.  Convoluted drive to get there for you maybe.

I'm ordinarily with you on not taking time to drive for a run. I usually don't have enough to spare. Yup, Bussy Point is very covered but lake views abound. I don't mind running in the thick woods.

You can put a longer run together in the Ft. Gordon rec area if you don't mind running back and forth and looping around. I did it last month and ran there again this week. If you don't mind ignoring the no trespassing sign you can run the old closed road near the gate for a 7 mile out and back but it's probably a little claustrophobic too since there is only one lake view that I recall.

Once when the lake was down I just ran several miles along the shore. It was a little freaky since I was constantly worried about snakes.

I'll have to try sometime new next trip.

xhristopher

I've already knocked out 3 one mile runs to keep this streak going. It sorta feels wrong.

joescott

I've already knocked out 3 one mile runs to keep this streak going. It sorta feels wrong.

Ha.  I'm not much better than you, keeping my streak alive with some of my shortest runs of the year!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Completed day 7 for me this morning after starting last Tues.

Only 12 degrees when I got up this morning but at least got 2 mi in to keep things moving.

A long run in the mid 60's, shorts and singlet. Crazy weather.

Day 11 of current streak.

Get off my porch

I did the 1 mile run Saturday hung over to keep the streak. Was hoping to stay at min 3, but 1 too many Whales Tales pale ales friday night. Still streaking though.

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

I'll run 2-3 today just to keep the streak (probably just 2).  Long run was yesterday so today is usually my off day.  Surprisingly, my legs feel pretty good.

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Holiday travel does make it a challenge.  I've kept my streak going with fairly minimal 2-3 mile runs. The nice thing is that these were with DD, who is also streaking (not in this thread).  The other nice/challenging thing is that these runs were in Colorado, at 8000+ feet altitude, on some tough inclines and (Saturday) into gale-force wind.  Temperatures were in the upper 40s - lower 50s, so that was a plus.  Got the runs done before the arctic front dropped the temps down by 30 degrees F.

Here's a pic of the Colorado sky for you:

justrundan

I know what you mean. 1.25 mi over lunch hour, stomach still not very interested in food.

Dan

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

I wish I could run during lunch.  25 minutes isn't enough time!

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

xhristopher

I wish I could run during lunch.  25 minutes isn't enough time!

I think I spent not much more than 25 minutes keeping my streak going those three days mentioned above.

Having done this twice before I've done a lot of strange stuff to keep my streak going, including stepping out into 25-30 degree weather without a coat so I won't sweat to slowly jog a mile in my street clothes. I need to dig back in my log and see what I said about my run last year when I was half in the bag.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

To add to my earlier post about the weather, this is pretty interesting:

Good job everyone! I got 9 km in on the treadmill, it was raining today.