2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

Intentionally Blank

Merry Christmas, y'all. It's perfect weather for running here.

Today was lovely, with almost no one else in the park.  The streak continues.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Merry Christmas!  I'm still in but my miles are no where near where I'd hoped / planned.

steph  

Merry Christmas! Two quick miles in 52° - very unusual for Kansas, but the wind was sturdy and typical.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

12k on the TM today, because I spent all daylight walking  the nearby hill with my boys. Lovely weather, but it will not last. it looks like the winter is arriving.

Dad, Runner, Programmer

Merry Christmas!  I'm still in but my miles are no where near where I'd hoped / planned.

I'm in the same boat. I was clearly over ambitious with the miles. So that's not going to happen, but I am going to keep the streak going!

2015 Goal:For now, keep running!

npaden

I was able to drag myself down to the hotel exercise room last night and pretty much got in the bare minimum, 1.2 miles in 11 minutes!  Not sure that it will do anything to help my training, but it kept the streak going.

I did get in almost 20 miles of skiing in though!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Streak still alive and kicking.  I need to run 22.5 more miles in the next 6 days to hit my December mileage goal.  I'll be travelling so it will be a bit of an adventure to do so :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Day # 30?  4 more miles.  Hope the weather holds up for a LR (10+) tomorrow.

jpdeaux

Floated past the mileage goal today. Most miles in a month since November 2011, with 5 days remaining.

Most miles in any December was 273 in 2010. That could fall this month as well.

And a beautiful running day it was. Sunny, mid-40's, happy people running about.

GinnyinPA

I blew the streak yesterday.  Travel screwed up the schedule completely and there wasn't any place safe to run in the dark.  I did get 6 in today though, and I only have 14 to go to hit my mileage goal.  Whether I do or not, the streak was good for me. I did 32 days straight, which is about 28 more than I've ever tried before.

Joann Y

Keeping up with the 4+ per day streak. Lovely evening for a jog. Lots of people out but no other runners as far as I can recall.

xhristopher

Holiday run streak still intact.

Thanks to about 10 short days it's not felt like much of a grind this year. The real credit most likely goes to the mild December we've had. I've run in shorts most days in the past week.

Yesterday on my Christmas run I realized this is my third year doing this holiday to holiday streak thing and it dawned on me that a streak of streaks is probably worse than a streak.

npaden

Baby steps!  Just a tiny bit more than the minimum again today, 1.58 miles on the hotel treadmill.

Did get a PR on distance skied today though, at least since I started trying to log it on my Runkeeper app.  32.53 miles at a 4:42 avg pace!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Streak is still alive here with a single mile today. On my weight training days, I plan on a minimum mile.

I wasn't sandbagging on my streak mileage goal of 85 miles. I've never run 85 in any month before. Holy Cow, if I stick to my training plan, I'll finish December with over 100 miles, the Holiday Streak with 125, and 600 for the year (At the start of 2014, I set a 500 MPY goal for me that I thought was insane.)

Training this last year for my first half marathon in September really bumped up my weekly mileage, so I decided to ride it out with a second half marathon in November. Then figured, since I was finally starting to see my body reshape I should sign up for another half marathon to keep me going. So this fall/winter I started a base building training plan to proceed a half marathon training plan. The miles are adding up for me. In the long run, I really don't expect to ever exceed 30 miles per week, but I've been enjoying the challenge of slowly increasing my miles. Now I can say, "Holy Sh**! 100 miles in December!!"

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

CT JEFF

3.14 TMiles tonight. Streak Day 401.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!