2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

jpdeaux

Done. Then shoveled the brittle ice cream cake off my driveway. I thought the first snow was supposed to be a light, fluffy, powdery, unicorns and butterflies snow?

KvnJns

Already in but I didn't give any mileage so I've decided to go conservative and say 80.

Kevin

Joann Y

Got it done. Now on with the rest of the day. Happy Thanksgiving!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

3 chilly miles for me and the streak extends to 1.  34 to go.

!!!!   HAPPY THANKGIVING  !!!!

Ojo

8 peaceful miles with some light snow.

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving, and a good start to your holiday streak!

Sara

MM #2929

I'm in. I started with this last year and since my body isn't complaining, I'll just keep going. Smile

Meg, congrats on your 1 full year of streaking!

Intentionally Blank

Did a 5 mile Turkey Trot with my always game 10 year old daughter. It was her longest distance to date, and she ran the whole thing.  I'm proud of her.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Count me in!

Just got an 8 mile run done :-)

Let's be ambitious and say 120 for December mileage.  I just hit 100 for November and that's already my highest mileage ever.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I ran the local charity five-ish miler this morning.

Not sure if I can manage a streak but I will aim for 120 miles in December.

Hoban-Jay

Got mine in...a local 5K Turkey Trot, which I followed up with a nice 'n easy 5K Trail Run on my way home from the race.  It was too nice a day...and there won't be many more of these left for months, so I had to!

One down...Thirty-Four more to go!

justrundan

First one done, local 5k sponsored by HS CC teams. Entry fee- food for the local food pantry. Mostly current& former CC runners, so I was bringing up the rear with other oldsters.

Dan

npaden

Started off with a PR here.  First time to run a 12K so no matter what it was going to be a PR!  Official time was 53:51 for a 7:08 avg pace so pretty happy with that though.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Snuck in 4 miles before the feast. That should cover the slice of pie ahead.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Day 1 reluctantly complete.

With the snow and the power out I ended up snow blowing and setting up the generator instead of running a turkey trot this morning.  After a few hours cooking and eating, I took the dogs for their walks.  By the time we got home it was dark and I was cold.  The power had come back on so I put the generator away.  I really just wanted to go in and eat more pie, but I sucked it up and ran 3 very slow (13:30) miles around the neighborhood in the dark and slush.

Fletch

OK. I've been considering doing this holiday streak, but had decided that my schedule was just too hectic and unpredictable right now. I know, I can hear it..."wah, wah, wah...just run!"

So I'm in.  Shooting for 105 miles for December, which will be my highest total to date. Granted, some days will be the minimum, or close to it. Like today...unexpected interruptions made me miss a scheduled group run this morning.  So I squeezed in 1.5 this evening, just to start the streak.