New Balance 826 Replacement?? (Read 4125 times)

heelgrad92

This has been my preferred shoe for several years now. It's their lightest trainer, designed for neutral gait runners, and just a great all around shoe. I went to Holabird to order some more as I get ready for Boston and I see they are now on closeout which means they are discontinued. At only 9.6 ounces they are hard to duplicate. Does anyone here know what the replacement for this very popular shoe is?
      Try this place for the 826's. http://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/detail.asp?style=MR826LW&size=&width=&category=mrun&selection=mshoes&sort=ADDED&shoeLast=&price=
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've heard that the new 800MF (not to be confused with the 800 trail shoe...I love NB, but I wish they would give up on the damned numbering system, already. Soon they will be coming out with a 904 trail shoe that is completely different from and unrelated to the 904 trail shoe from a few years back) is the replacement. Sad, since I have run in both and was not particularly fond of the 800MF--and I don't think that shoe comes in widths, either. I'd say stock-up while you still can. Sad

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

This really makes me sad. I finally kicked my piriformis injury after I switched to 826 a year ago, and if I run in any heavier shoes (asics cumulus, adidas adizero) I get all sorts of pains in my foot, knee etc. I sure hope NB makes some similar replacement shoes.

Marquess of Utopia

I think I may switch to the 903's. The medial posting in the shoe is very soft.
              I purchased the Saucony Grid Sinister as a replacement for my 826. Running Warehouse has the Sinister for $48 the other month. Cannot beat that. I ran afew test runs in the Sinister just to try them out and they feel great. Hope you find something that works. Kevin
              Don't let the fat fool you .....
              heelgrad92

I think I may switch to the 903's. The medial posting in the shoe is very soft.
                I tried the 903 back when it first came out because it is lightweight as well. The medial post is very different though and I immediately got stabbing foot pain every time I tried to run in them. I have a pretty efficient neutral gait with normal pronation, so I guess the stability feature was too much. I found some 826's online and bought 6 pairs, but I live near the beach and the sand on and in the road surfaces just chews up shoes and tires so 6 pairs will last me until Boston and then I am out again. I hope they come up with a suitable replacement. As for the 800, have you seen that thing? It looks like something that belongs next to a pair of Chuck Taylors. Meadowlark Lemon used to run in those things to keep in shape Wink Two ounces heavier and a sole I don't recognize.

Marquess of Utopia

There is also the 737; it is the same as the 826 but with leather overlays. So it weights an ounce more. http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/1309a8b5cced48ed85d4f8841aca3b87 I talked to a rep at the Des Moines Marathon Expo and he said they wanted to see how the 757 sells without the 826 on the market. There may be a 82x returning Fall 2009 - Spring 2010.
                  JOHNMAGGIO

903 is posted/stability 904 (first quarter 09) is the update and yes they will be coming out with a 904 trail version in second qt 09 which is just a different color up and a more aggresive tread. back to the 826. Its was phased out in Oct 08. Nothing on the books for first, second or thrird quarter 09. The MR757CU is nice and feels good. The 805 speed series is what I think NB thought was the answer, but I dont see that as a good answer. The MR800MF is a midfoot striker for Pose tech and Chi running. Neutral does not exactly equate to mid foot striker. I will say this. They are putting alot of effort into the 757 update 758 running shoe. They are stepping up the technolgy a bit to make it more like a super lite 1060 series. The 758 update will come out in third quarter 09 and so far mens and womens both have three colors, which would indicate a pretty significant amount of faith. I did double check the inventory at NB and they have next to none. This will not be a big close out situation because not to many people has very many in stock. the 737 in theory is the exact same. They both have about the same technolgy and are close in weight. They will continue to produce the 737 in a few more color ups. here is a link to the mens. http://www.nbwebexpress.com/newbalanceMR737GR.htm we only sell the womens online at my store.
                    www.nbannapolis.com

jules2

John, Nice to hear about New Balance I hope you have made a hefty donation via paypal to Eric for the use of the site.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Purdey

Self anointed title

John, Nice to hear about New Balance I hope you have made a hefty donation via paypal to Eric for the use of the site.
                        Agreed. John - do you use this site to log your runs and discuss running? Or do you use it to promote your store?

Marquess of Utopia

903 is posted/stability
                          Your website has them listed as a Lt. weight cushioning. Tongue Yes they are a posted shoe, but the posting is softer than the midsole of most cushioning shoes. I've run in them and don't even feel the posting. 903: 826: I'm more in the "Neutral Mod" range so both shoes work for me.
                          JOHNMAGGIO

I agree with you on the 900's post...its there, but not as evident as some of the other stability shoes. I contacted ERIC but did not hear back from him FYI.
                            www.nbannapolis.com
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I contacted ERIC but did not hear back from him FYI.
                              Just click the tiny orange button on the lower right of this page. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I agree with you on the 900's post...its there, but not as evident as some of the other stability shoes. I contacted ERIC but did not hear back from him FYI.
                                Looking at the comments about you on various forums on Running Ahead you are getting a bad name for yourself. People are not listening to you, it is called negative publicity, we are here to talk about running, not your crap shoes.

Jerry
                                A runners blog-updated daily