Crawley 12hr track ultra - race report (Read 706 times)

Amazing! I love reading about races like this. Thank you so much for sharing. So inspirational, and I think of them often when I feel tired on a run. I remind myself that if people can do the things you just wrote about, then surely I can finish my run!
    Purdey

Self anointed title

Purdey - great show - Congrats on the win I am curious about the solids - I did eat a few solids (4 pieces of pizza, 1 PB&J sandwhich, a couple of bananas) durin my 24 hour, but mostly liquids (Endurox R4 and succeed clip). Why did Chris think solids are so important and do you think forcing the solids led to all the bathroom stops?
      Details not for public consumption! I'll email you an answer. Tom

Congratulations Purdey. "Amazing!" is the best word I can think of to describe what you did.
        Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
          AWESOME work! I can't even imagine how you must have felt the next day!

jules2

Really enjoyed reading the report, would you consider ghost writing my race reports?

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

wow -- awesome -- that's some report. Interestingly, your log [w/ 75 mile race] now [graphically] makes your 20 milers look like 5 milers.

2012= under-goaled

I got chills.
                  Wow Purdey!! Incredible. Congratulations!
                    My routine was to consume a gel every 20 mins and about 750ml of electrolyte every hour, split into probably 3 water bottles. This seemed to work well throughout the race. Solids were a different matter. I was planning to consume bananas and cheesey mashed potato during my short walking breaks. This worked well for the first 6 hrs and then my body started to reject it. Increasing nausea mean’t that just the thought of solid food was turning my stomach and I was worried that I would lose it all.
                    Tight lipped What kind of track (length and surface)? There are some crazy people on this forum Wink modal (who needs to run a marathon in 4 hrs)

Vim

Purdey

Self anointed title

Tight lipped What kind of track (length and surface)?
                      400m running track. Surface is usually described as "tartan" but I think it was more of red-brown colour.

Into the wild

Great job Purdey and a great read.

Shut up and run

who knows...

Nice job! You have certainly inspired me as I am heading into my first 100 mile race in June.
                          "There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin
                          Purdey

Self anointed title

Nice job! You have certainly inspired me as I am heading into my first 100 mile race in June.
                            Good luck! Which one?

Just Happy to Run

Absolutely amazing! I loved the report, thanks Purdey!
                              Jason

2010 Goals
                              • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles

who knows...

Good luck! Which one?
                                Thanks. I am running the Mohican 100.
                                "There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin