What's Your 2009 Calendar Look Like? (Read 1056 times)

Figured it'd be fun to see what race goals everyone has for 2009. What are the big races you plan on running and the times you are shooting for? Planning my calendar for work also has me planning a calendar for racing! For me: March 29 for Sam Coasta Half Marathon in Indianapolis. Goal time here would be around 1:40 or less, but will adjust as it gets closer. April 25 for Country Music Marathon in Nashville. Goal time here is beginning at < 3:30,="" but="" i'm="" hoping="" to="" adjust="" that="" down="" as="" i="" add="" on="" mileage="" between="" now="" and="" then="" at="" 50+="" mpw.="" may="" 3="" is="" the="" indy="" mini,="" but="" that="" is="" a="" week="" following="" my="" marathon="" in="" nashville,="" thus="" i="" might="" go="" run="" the="" anti-mini="" marathon="" />http://www.runz.com/zionsville_anti-mini.htm) just for kicks and giggles. May 16, I'm racing to the starting line of married life (that is, I'm getting married) I figure this will be a good month of recovery from my marathon before kicking the mileage back up for a fall marathon. Mid-August is a local 5k in Hagerstown, Indiana. September, tentatively, is the Dayton (WPAFB) marathon - but possibly aiming for the half...I think they have a half, right. Definitely aiming to PR there, if so. October/November there are two different Indianapolis Marathons, at which, if the spring marathon goes well enough, I could aim at a BQ, but not making that the goal until I see how CMM goes. October also has the local Black Cat 5k in town. December will be the Kris Kringle 4 miler. That looks like my year. I also, of course, plan on running as many local runs (w/in 20-30 mins of the house), as possible. Discuss.
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

"Discuss." Well, I'd say you have an incredibly busy year scheduled!! Getting married for your recovery month! Wow, I needed a month of recovery FROM my wedding. Good luck!! Big grin
        "Discuss." Well, I'd say you have an incredibly busy year scheduled!! Getting married for your recovery month! Wow, I needed a month of recovery FROM my wedding. Good luck!! Big grin
        Funny you say this --- a number of years ago, I got married on a Friday evening and ran the Boston Marathon the following Monday.........then went on the honeymoon (oh to be young and have stamina again)..... Shocked Shocked As far as my running plans for the new year, they are stated below...... My only REAL goal is to run the BayState Marathon in October..........which gives me 10 months to prepare..

Champions are made when no one is watching

I don't have it all worked out yet, but here's a bit of it: 1/10 - Little Compton Winter Road Race (4.8 miles) 2/1 - Super5K in Narragansett, RI 3/15 - New Bedford, MA 1/2 Marathon 4/5 - Cohasset, MA Road Race by the Sea (10K) 5/3 - Cox/Willow Tree Providence 1/2 Marathon 5/24 - Key Bank Vermont City Marathon in Burlington, VT ... 11/?? - Mews Tavern Gear & Beer 5K - Wakefield, RI

-------------------------------------
          5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
          10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
          1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
          Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Skooter 3.0

2009 Kentucky Derby Marathon...it's an awesome course, with some rad hills...I've done the half 4 times, and kickin' it up to the full this year. Anyone else coming down for this one?

Goals?

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Lots of shorter races here and there throughout the year, but the big ones for me (provided training goes as planned) are: Jan-April - Boston Buildup Series, Norwalk, CT & surrounding towns - no set times, they're for racing practice March 30 - Ecohusky 5000 @ UConn (racing my son, so 1 second faster than him! May 3rd - New Jersey Marathon, Long Branch, NJ (also 25th reunion weekend!) - Right now, 4:30 or better. Labor Day - New Haven 20K, no time goal yet November 1st weekend - NYC Marathon, no time goal yet November 23rd (?) - Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon IV, no time goal yet
                Well, this year I had a spill during what was supposed to be a casual fund raising event in October and ended up tearing a couple of ligaments in my ankle. So, all of my '09 plans went out the window. The main thing I'm after is to get back to my previous mileage before setting longer term goals. Basically, I'm going to look at '09 one qtr at a time. My goal for the 1st qtr is to be able to finish (not race...that'll be hard) the Run to Joe's 5k on 3/28. What a set back! Orginally, I was going to run the companion 10k in that event as I trained to run the Napa to Sonoma Half for my 50th birthday in July. This setback has frustrated the daylights out of me! I just keep reminding myself that my ultimate goal is to be a runner for life. Hopefully, I'll look back on this in a few years as a bump in the road.
                Roses Revenge

Hmmm. Plans for right now. 1/4 - Y2K9 20.09 K to start 2009 1/25 - Vancouver Lakes Half 4/4 - Yakima River Canyon Marathon 5/3 - Avenue of the Giants Marathon 6/7 - North Olympic Discovery Marathon 7/12 - Missoula Marathon 10/4 - Portland Marathon Still looking for somethin in August and September and thinking about something in November and December. I want another flashing star!

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

1/1: 6 mile NYD race Feb: Winter 5k trail race (aka post-holing for 3.1 miles) Mar: 15k April: 10mi. May: marathon #2 June: 15k July: ? Aug: ? Sept: HM Oct: marathon #3 Nov: trail race Dec: ?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Feb: 2-miler Mar: 5k Apr: 5k May: track meet (800m, 1 mile, 5000 if it's unseasonably cold), 10k **** June/July/Aug: too hot to race Sept: 5k or 10k (?) Oct: 15k (?) Nov: Completely idiotic first marathon (?) Dec: Somewhat less idiotic marathon or HM (?)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Nov: Completely idiotic first marathon (?)
                        Yes...come to the dark side....Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Yes...come to the dark side....Evil grin
                          I noticed you do not have an idiotic November marathon on your schedule. Don't forget, the world ends in 2012, time's running out on getting The Monkey done. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I noticed you do not have an idiotic November marathon on your schedule. Don't forget, the world ends in 2012, time's running out on getting The Monkey done. Tongue
                            No, but I have one in May...that's pretty idiotic training through a MI Winter, right? Then another one in Oct. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Old Running Guy!

Jan 3 - Resolution Run 5K Mt Pleasant MI Feb 7 - Sweetheart Run 5K Mt Pleasant MI May 9 - 5/3 River Bank Run 25K Grand Rapids MI July 16-19 Great Lakes Relay, Lake Huron - Lake Michigan Aug 22 Crim Festival of Races 10 Miler Flint MI Sept 27 Capital City Half Marathon Lansing MI Those are my major races so far, I'll be doing others I'm sure. Harold Smile

Run Run Run

2012 Goals
                              Complete Dances with Dirt extreme trail relay.

1800 miles total

Run the Legend Trail Half Marathon

Run the Timber Trail XT 8 mile extreme trail run