Crystal Lake Team Marathon (Read 1363 times)

I've participated in the Crystal Lake Team Marathon (5 person relay) in Beulah, Michigan every year since I took up running in 2000. The first four runners do a 5 mile and the anchor leg completes a 10k (26.2). It's a great event with some of the best runners from Michigan competing. It also has old slow fat guys like me, too. The scenery on the course is spectacular, and, the people who put it on are great. www.crystallakecommunitybusinessassoc.com/marathon.pdf
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Where in MI is that...is that up near Leelanau? I would love to do something like this and that is such a beautiful area, too. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Beulah is in Benzie County about 30 miles west-southwest of Traverse City and about 30 miles north of Manistee. You need to put together a team of five, but, there are always teams looking for runners on the morning of the race.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I will see if backroadrunner wants to do that next year. She, her hubby, his best friend, and I...and one other person. We should be able to do that. That would be so much fun and I really love that area. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay