Who is the fastest? (Read 500 times)

Feeling the growl again

Also... do you just want people who are currently fast, or those who were fast? There are probably some people here that are a bit older but had really awesome times in college or when they were younger. I bet there are several former high school state champions in track and cross country around here...

-Kelly

IIRC, Kelly, you have some pretty impressive HS times.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Not dead. Yet.

Also... do you just want people who are currently fast, or those who were fast? There are probably some people here that are a bit older but had really awesome times in college or when they were younger. I bet there are several former high school state champions in track and cross country around here...

I don't know.  I was log stalking and found a ~2:30 marathon time and got curious about who all was out there.  I thought it would be fun to ask.  I do need usernames, though,  so I can log stalk them, see the numbers for myself and then dream about being fast.

I think it would be neat if there was some feature where we could sort RA users by PRs to see who's at the top and even to see where each of us fit in along the spectrum.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Not dead. Yet.

We could make it a game.  Post a link to the fastest user you can find.  If we keep going, eventually we will whittle it down to the fastest.

Crowdsourcing.

The fastest marathon PR I could find was Spaniel.  I'd keep looking but I have to go for a run.  Smile

Latent Runner

We could make it a game.  Post a link to the fastest user you can find.  If we keep going, eventually we will whittle it down to the fastest.

Crowdsourcing.

The fastest marathon PR I could find was Spaniel.  I'd keep looking but I have to go for a run.  Smile

Do the B.S. posts from ManFromNantucket count?

I sure hope not. 

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
          • 2-mile: 13:49
          • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
          • 5-Mile: 37:24
          • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
          • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
          • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
          SubDood

I saw a post from Lorraine Moller here once (username Rainey), a little over a year ago (http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/29b2c8fb3fb64bf6b3250258421a5ba6). She has some impressive running credentials, including 4 Olympic marathons, Boston winner, and a number of sub 2:30 marathons:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorraine_Moller

I tried to keep up with her for the first mile of 10 mile race in 1980 when I was a stupid 15-year-old. I didn't know who she was then.

DaBurger

Do the B.S. posts from ManFromNantucket count?

I sure hope not. 

Those weren't races, he was just goin for a jog

Know thyself.

Latent Runner

Those weren't races, he was just goin for a jog

Ahhh, jogging at a very fast pace doesn't count; thank goodness.  Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                • 2-mile: 13:49
                • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                • 5-Mile: 37:24
                • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This is exactly why Wikipedia is a perfect resource.

eric :)

I would love it if Eric Smile threw together a couple leaderboards -- but I realize lots of people don't particularly care to see their name on lists like that.  But it would be fun to see how good some people really area around here (I find it inspiring).  And it would also be great to find a nemesis or two (which I also find inspiring).

I ran a query to see who logged the fastest marathon times.  After weeding out the bad data, I found a couple of folks that ran in US Olympic trials, and sub 2:20 runners.  Not so surprisingly, these folks are also at the top of the half marathon list.  There is one person that broke the hour mark but I am unable to verify his result, partly because the race is been canceled a couple of years ago and the website is no longer up.

In the 5k category, the fastest is a 14:08 but unconfirmed.  The first confirmed time is 14:10.  There are many people with a 5k time of 15 minutes or less.

There are also a couple of under 4 minute milers.  I can confirm one of them is legitimate.

I will not provide their screen names to protect their privacy.  They could pipe up if they wish.  If not, some of their logs are public or group accessible so happy hunting!

eric Smile

HermosaBoy

I think Eric is the Fastest -- look how quickly he answered the question...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

ulikunkel

If they are using a screen name and not their real name, and if their log is public, you are being silly.  They would lock their log if they cared.  Let's see those names...

I ran a query to see who logged the fastest marathon times.  After weeding out the bad data, I found a couple of folks that ran in US Olympic trials, and sub 2:20 runners.  Not so surprisingly, these folks are also at the top of the half marathon list.  There is one person that broke the hour mark but I am unable to verify his result, partly because the race is been canceled a couple of years ago and the website is no longer up.

In the 5k category, the fastest is a 14:08 but unconfirmed.  The first confirmed time is 14:10.  There are many people with a 5k time of 15 minutes or less.

There are also a couple of under 4 minute milers.  I can confirm one of them is legitimate.

I will not provide their screen names to protect their privacy.  They could pipe up if they wish.  If not, some of their logs are public or group accessible so happy hunting!

eric Smile

Kalsarikännit

If they are using a screen name and not their real name, and if their log is public, you are being silly.  They would lock their log if they cared.  Let's see those names...

And break our sacred genius-jogger confidentiality?  Pssh.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Not dead. Yet.

Here's what I came up with: paulzwama  That boy is fast!

I know it's public info, but why do I feel like a peeping tom?

MTA:  This is the fastest miler I could find Aaron Easker.  Couldn't find any of the sub 4's eric Smile mentioned.

Turbolegs

And break our sacred genius-jogger confidentiality?  Pssh.

The fact that their logs are public doesnt equate to them being agreeable to potentially be made the subject of public discussion. If I knew any of them personally, then I might hazard a guess but its perfectly normal to let these fast runners be if they otherwise werent very active on any of the forums.

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Kalsarikännit

The fact that their logs are public doesnt equate to them being agreeable to potentially be made the subject of public discussion.

My point was that Mr Smileyface should not out any of the fast runners. I thought the info he provided us was interesting without revealing anyone's personal stuff.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart