Flu shots (Read 1073 times)

Mitch & Pete's Mom

On a lighter note.

My 3 year old Pete says: Mom, I'm not going to get the flu.

Me: Good, hun. Is that because you are going to wash your hands really well and cough into your elbow? 

Pete: No, the teacher says the girls are not allowed to kiss me anymore but hugging is okay.

Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.

Best Present Ever

On a lighter note.

Me: Good, hun. Is that because you are going to wash your hands really well and cough into your elbow? 

Pete: No, the teacher says the girls are not allowed to kiss me anymore but hugging is okay.

That's adorable. 

Just today our state HD reaffirmed that you can get the two vaccines together.  The exception is if you get the nasal spray vaccine, in which case you need to wait 3 weeks.  But if you get traditional injections, you can be vaccinated against both H1N1 and standard influenza together.

Does this surprise me?  No.  Our state has no idea what its doing.  I swear I average 4 emails per day from our administration about this, with differing and sometimes conflicting info.

BTW the county is going to distribute H1N1 shots...yet has no plans in place about how to do so.  Sounds like government to me!

Imminent Catastrophe

State bill - federal bill, I'm sure it reads 'Liberty and Justice for ALL

I think all anti-vaxers (Starting with Jenny McCarthy) should be thrown in prison. So there.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

On a lighter note.

Cute!  Reminds me of my 7 yr old son who raced inside after school the other day and excitedly told me, "Mom!  The girls finally chased ME today!  I didn't have to chase them!" 

Regarding the flu shot, it's always been a catch 22 with my 10 year old.  He suffers from asthma, as well as food allergies which include eggs.  He's a higher risk, but he doesn't do the shot because of the eggs.  Should I be asking my pediatrician about Tamiflu as a preventative?  I'm not familiar with that, but it looks like it's not cultured in eggs.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Does this surprise me?  No.  Our state has no idea what its doing.  I swear I average 4 emails per day from our administration about this, with differing and sometimes conflicting info.

BTW the county is going to distribute H1N1 shots...yet has no plans in place about how to do so.  Sounds like government to me!

We are lucky to have an excellent state HD when it comes to communicable diseases.  And many of the world experts in Influenza are at my institution. Wohoo! Smile

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The irony is painful.

Criminy.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

The irony is painful.

Criminy.

What? What?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Me.  Today.  101.8, headache, muscle aches, cough, nasal congestion and sore throat.

Criminy.

xor

That sucks.  Didn't a Trentlet have this too?  Or am I making that up?

Sorry.  You should have been a Chinese healthcare worker in the UK.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Oh, jeez, sorry to hear that, Trent.  Dads aren't supposed to get sick!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Feel better fast.  On the bright side, maybe you're getting it out of the way for this flu season.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Imminent Catastrophe

Me.  Today.  101.8, headache, muscle aches, cough, nasal congestion and sore throat.

Criminy.

That's just how I felt after running the Monkey. Don't worry about it. You'll  be fine.

101.8. Is that a PR?  

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I'm running Chicago on 10/11 and have a physical planned for 10/14 where I'd normally get my flu shot.

Any reason not to wait that long?  I would be a little nervous about getting it now and possibly getting sick or feeling run down.