Steve Cullen Healthy Heart Club Run (Read 394 times)

flovesparko

Did anybody else on this forum do that race this past weekend? What did you think of the course? Did you consider it hilly, windy, etc.? I thought it was was and just trying to gauge my fitness. I expected to do a lot better than my result.
    DoppleBock

Interesting - This is a post from the BLS website: "Regarding the earlier post noting the fast times & questioning the accuracy of the distance.I believe the times were fast because the volunteers did such a great job removing ice, salting, etc. The winds were also light and favorable. Finally, it was nice to see so many high school runners participating. I noticed large groups from Rufus King and Brookfield. The teenagers clocked some very good times." Which would indicate that a group of people did better than expected and think the course may have been short.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Your log looks like you have been treadmill'n it for a long time ... there is a transition from TM to outside running ... at least for me.

flovesparko

Your log looks like you have been treadmill'n it for a long time ... there is a transition from TM to outside running ... at least for me.
          Dopple bock, I think you are right on. I have been treadmill'n way to long this winter, there definitely a transition to overcome. Small hills probably feel like big ones and one or two hills probably feel like many, and I'm sure any wind felt like it was stronger than it was. We got snow Nov 30 and it just started disappearing a week ago, I really need to get outside more.
          DoppleBock

FYI - I live in Neenah WI - My 1st race of the season (Not counting Ice breaker indoor marathon) will be Point Bock I am trying to run 3-4 recover runs a week outside to avoid this shock ... but I will run Point Bock slower pace than you ran Cullen as I am fat and out of shape ... I plan on Milwaukee LFM and maybe the Strider 20k this year. I ran LFM in 2005 and the 20k in 2006. Both are nice races and fairly fast race courses.

flovesparko

Dopple Bock, have a great race at Point bock. I'm seriously thinking about running Milwaukee LFM this year instead of Chicago.
              DoppleBock

Not the carnival Chicago is, but a decent race course and well run race. I ran in 2005 and was signed up in 2007 before injury. I guess its my every other year race.

and it was RRCA's 2008 road race of the year for whatever that is worth. http://www.rrca.org/news/index.php?article=2393