Strange food jags... (Read 807 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Joni lives within running distance of me... Smile
      (talking out of the side of mouth) Would ya stop that. You're givin' it away. Big grin Yes, it's here in west Michigan. And it's not really a million miles in. I just remember the first year I had one end of the cooler and DH had the other end (full of berries) and we lugged the thing through the weeds to the car (I have a commercial freezer and everyone got berries that year!). Let's see...when are they out? Late July. When are you going there Kirsten? Can I actually mail berries without the postman's hands turning blue?
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Let's see...when are they out? Late July. When are you going there Kirsten? Can I actually mail berries without the postman's hands turning blue?
        Ooh, hey...I hadn't even thought of that. We're going in early Aug. I already have Oberon on my list of things I need to bring Trent. I'm sure we could make room for blueberries, too. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Ooh, hey...I hadn't even thought of that. We're going in early Aug. I already have Oberon on my list of things I need to bring Trent. I'm sure we could make room for blueberries, too. Big grin
          Poifect!!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think we just made Trent's favorite people list--sweet! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ok. Nothing like waiting till August to figure this out. Why not do it now!? So am I freezing these or will they be fresh? Whatever the answer, how do I pack them? That's only a day's drive, but it's August.
                Big grin Thanks!!!
                You're welcome! Beer and berries. Life will be good!
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Freeze em. In ziplock 1 gallon bags. Dry ice. Make sure to send me a bill.
                    Freeze em. In ziplock 1 gallon bags. Dry ice. Make sure to send me a bill.
                    Got it. It's on the house. But then there is that hourly berry picking fee.... Wink
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok. Nothing like waiting till August to figure this out. Why not do it now!? So am I freezing these or will they be fresh? Whatever the answer, how do I pack them? That's only a day's drive, but it's August.
                      It will be more than a day's drive, though (assuming I transport them)...we'll be driving to the MIL's place in IL and staying for a night, then driving on to TN. In that scenario I'd go with fresh. k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

When are you coming through, still looking at August?
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When are you coming through, still looking at August?
                          Yup...I think around the 6th. I'm guessing mid-week, since the JDRF ride in Asheville is that Sat. I think did wants to get to Asheville on Thurs or Fri.

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Cool. Works well, I should be around. That Run for the Fallen group comes through Nashville around the same time, I think August 3-5 or so. But I most certainly have time for you. And your blueberries. Big grin Just be prepared for Monkeys...

running yogi

My co worker gagged when she saw me eating grapefruit sprinkled with hot chilli power, salt and sugar. I love to eat grapefruit that way.