Anyone planning on throwing their kids' Easter candy out? (Read 912 times)

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

I'll eat anything anytime, bring on the candy. Of course I am one (not sure how many of us there are) that after seeing Supersize Me (that movie about how bad McDonalds is for you) had to go to McDondalds the next day because everything looked so good Smile Speaking of eating, time for some more jelly beans. Surprised Don't throw out CANDY. Only commies throw out candy.

Non ducor, duco.

I'll eat anything anytime, bring on the candy. Of course I am one (not sure how many of us there are) that after seeing Supersize Me (that movie about how bad McDonalds is for you) had to go to McDondalds the next day because everything looked so good Smile
      That movie rocks! My kids watched the dude vomit all over the place after eating big macs nd now they call McDonalds "THE FAT PLACE." I love it.

Non ducor, duco.

I'll eat anything anytime, bring on the candy. Of course I am one (not sure how many of us there are) that after seeing Supersize Me (that movie about how bad McDonalds is for you) had to go to McDondalds the next day because everything looked so good Smile
        That movie rocks! My kids watched the dude vomit all over the place after eating big macs nd now they call McDonalds "THE FAT PLACE." I love it.

SMART Approach

SUGAR IS BAD! I don't eat a lot of candy, just a bit after every meal and piece. This week starting Monday, I have eaten virtually no candy. But, it is all around me. My wife likes it (yet eats little but wants it there) and my mother in law eats it all day - probably 1000 calories in candy and 500 calories in food. So far, I am 4 days no candy and my belt is looser already. The results are immediate. I haven't dosed at night watching TV. Feel stronger, more alert.......yada yada......Plain and simple, making this one change will help me continue to get to my 175# racing weight. SUGAR IS BAD! I know sugar is bad and all these things yet have a tremendous sweet tooth growing up with dessert after every meal. Love cookies, chewy candy.......I can have just one, but just one every meal is too much. I know I do know I need to get through one more week for cravings to subside, but as I write this I want candy REAL REAL BAD!!!! TIP: When you have a craving, brush your teeth! That's where I am going..........

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Kimmie

I still haven't done it but I 'm not really eating it all that much anymore. I like the idea of brushing your teeth. I also chew a piece of gum. I'm going to quit all sugar. I've done it before and you've inspired me, Chuck.

My legs are killing me

Between Easter candy, Girl Scout cookies and leftover Easter desert, it has been a rough week in my house. I'm just hoping the twitches I have are gone by Sunday! Big grin
                I'm going to quit all sugar. I've done it before and you've inspired me, Chuck.
                Give up sugar??? For some strange reason, that statement doesn't seem to compute....I don't quite understand the concept of 'giving up sugar'. Confused (Why on earth would you go and do something silly like that?? As someone has already said, we run just so we CAN eat this stuff!!!!!) Remember Shakespeare....."We run, therefore, we can pigout"

Bugs

I hate that I don't have will power to stop digging into their chocolate. Tongue I didn't even want to get them any, but my lovely DH prevailed. Am I a horrible mother?
                  No. My plan is eat one candy, throw three away.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

I was just thinking back to my easter baskets - it had cadburry cream eggs and reese cup eggs and peeps - a couple of each for me. And then in the center was this really huge butter cream egg - for my mom! She figured it limited my candy because i don't like butter cream and if she had to eat some of the candy it might as well be candy she liked!
                    ymmv

do the same as with halloween candy... say you're 'taking it to work' for 'the office', then eat most of it there!
                      Hannibal Granite

This may seem a bit out there, but if my mom had taken my candy without asking me, either eaten it or thrown it out, and I found out about it I would've been really angry with her because if she gave it to me it was mine. If you gave the candy to your kids it is their candy to do with what they want it is not yours -don't give it to them if you don't want them to have it! - and you eating it or throwing it away is like stealing from your children. I realize this may seem extreme, but try explaining to your kids why taking something that is not yours is not stealing Smile

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

Non ducor, duco.

Im wondering if you have kids Hannibal. Its not the candy that you, the parent, give your kid. It is candy they collect from school egg hunts, church egg hunts etc. When I was a kid we simply hunted the eggs. THey did not have to be stuffed with candy. The kid with the most won the chocolate bunny or there was ONE bunny for every kid, but not endless amounts of candy. Now there is not one holiday or event that isn't celebrated with candy for kids. Its ridiculous!

Member Since 2008

No. Cool
                            Me neither, not until I got married. I sure missed out when I was a kid!
                              I hate that I don't have will power to stop digging into their chocolate. Tongue I didn't even want to get them any, but my lovely DH prevailed. Am I a horrible mother?
                              I think this is pretty normal. I do this all the time with pizza that belonged to my wife and kids. Candy I don't like... pizza, I can't win the battle with it unless it's in the trash. So, if you're bad, then so am I. Big grin
                              I think a little research would show that most of your great implements of death are the result of zombie-eyed daydreams of shoe salesmen. -Al Bundy

Pre would have liked us.

Im wondering if you have kids Hannibal. Its not the candy that you, the parent, give your kid. It is candy they collect from school egg hunts, church egg hunts etc. When I was a kid we simply hunted the eggs. THey did not have to be stuffed with candy. The kid with the most won the chocolate bunny or there was ONE bunny for every kid, but not endless amounts of candy. Now there is not one holiday or event that isn't celebrated with candy for kids. Its ridiculous!
                                I totally agree with this. My 3 kids went to a hunt this year where they each got 40 eggs filled with candy. 40!! We've eaten off of it for a couple weeks and tonight I brought the rest of it and then some to work for everyone to snack on. And my kids weren't accusing me of stealing it--they helped me bag it up to bring. Even they knew it was just too much. Between the candy holidays (ie. all of the holidays), parades and my mother, I just can't seem to keep up with throwing it out.