So want to do 5k in 25 minutes (Read 691 times)

TheMysteryOne

"Hi thanks for the advice, well as I mention in my log I did a PR without pushing too hard really.

I think tempo would describe it probably in terms of intensity "comfortably hard".

Ya the warm down thing was sort of funny but when you have had a letter mentioning possible lung disease and you havent been able to run for a few weeks due to injury,  its not easy not to overdo it to see just where your health stands.

Any way doctor says not much difference from last lung test and that he really wouldn't expect to see any more degradation in lung diffusion capacity (well apart from when my thyorid packs in but that will be reversible with thyroxin). The key thing is apparently I don't have terminal lung disease or degradative disease, at present but more tests in 12 weeks to be sure.  I needed to see my limits if you know what I mean so I reckon my long run pace (3mile-5mile at present) is around 5 to 5.5mph region.

Going to do lots of swimming as it seems to be good for fitness whilst I let my leg heal up, I havent hurt my leg as bad as before but its probably another 10-13 days of non running required. . My strength is increasing and arms becoming more toned, I'll never be a tank really but then I wouldn't want to be to heavy up top, till I am older and well past my peak running days. Cant wait till my leg is fully healed and I can start increasing running milage and throw in the occasional sprint, think I might break 11 mph for first time in my life, 10.4 is fastest I ever ran on a treadmill and my leg wasnt even right. I wonder how good I could have been if I had had time to run before I had cancer....

LOOK AT THIS REPLY I wrote,  this is the first one where folk seriously don't read..... Apparently I was focused on PRS from all the replies people posted most of the time at this stage I wasnt even pushing and getting PRS but folk said I was battering miles oh and they totally ignored the bold bit I just quote each time I got faster which was all down to fitness very few of them down to pushing.

Then you had the surreal non running dicks mentioning spider man who clearly read none of what I wrote. And then you have the jump in half way through a thread trolls ignore multiple times my reasons for having glass legs and the fact I was iinitially responding to trolls who where ignoring the bit where I say I wasnt pushing hard for prs or  then IGNORING the bit where 2 folk/uber trolls who dont even have a run log where trolling me about being spider man ( nice way to make fun of someone who had radio and chemo dicks!)when it was clear they had read nothing of what I wrote anywhere. Oh and the trolls saying 25 minutes in 2months is not possible.... THEY dont even know me... I think there is a good chance of getting 25 minutes in 2months if I GET My mileage up.... Given in 1km my pr is 5.37 (9.03 per mile pace. The idiot saying "how dare you wish cancer on someone" how dare he ignore the folk trolling me about that very illness including his shitty buddy trolling me about my legs which are made of glass only because of my treatment, they where not like that before. WHEN I WAS FUCKING ILL and didn't KNOW IT I was doing 15 miles a week with no injuries at all and pushing as hard as I could each time, but I was not improving, ( I know the bull shite that same troll will reply with "thats cause you weren't doing enough miles", its beyond SURREAL trolling now....

Feeling the growl again

All the problems here are because people cant or wont read what I write. 

If you wrote in coherent English, this wouldn't be a problem.  Seriously, before you proved yourself to be a complete tool, I tried to read what you wrote but it is incomprehensible gibberish.  Good communication skills are good for more than just communicating on internet message boards -- such skills will help you avoid a life of living in your parents' basement wondering why nobody will give you a job.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TheMysteryOne

If you wrote in coherent English, this wouldn't be a problem.  Seriously, before you proved yourself to be a complete tool, I tried to read what you wrote but it is incomprehensible gibberish.  Good communication skills are good for more than just communicating on internet message boards -- such skills will help you avoid a life of living in your parents' basement wondering why nobody will give you a job.

Ah ah, your second post to me was already confrontational but as it was only slight, I thought I would use a better example of the confrontational nonsense to highlight....

I remember last time you also trolled me on my other account when I was ill. Guess its your nature. Its an internet message board, not an English exam. Parents doesn't have an apostrophe dude if that's the game you want to play.

Feeling the growl again

Parents doesn't have an apostrophe dude if that's the game you want to play.

Hysterical.  See "plural nouns".

Life is not an English exam, but exams are to prepare you for what is expected of you in real life.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

TheMysteryOne

You don't get faster by going all-out in practice...you get faster by consistently running more.  Slow down as much as you need to run more.

This quote was out of context spaniel, the post you quoted at that time was saying what I did before and that I had already slowed down but that it was too late, and that I could not follow any plans till my leg healed.

As it turned out I needed to rest for 6 weeks, only walking and swimming in order for my legs to be able to run my 3 mile race, 2 weeks before the race they where still slightly sore it was only last week before race I felt they could actually run but I only did a light elliptical session in order to at least get used to some cv again. I managed over 5 miles this week so the haters can go cry in their beers.

TheMysteryOne

Hysterical.

Apostrophes are used for contractions and possessives; not plurals, didn't you know that? Parents is plural, parent is singular.

Feeling the growl again

Apostrophes are used for contractions and possessives,not plurals didn't you know that? Parents is plural, parent is singular.

Hysterical.  See "plural nouns".

Life is not an English exam, but exams are to prepare you for what is expected of you in real life.

Keep trying, run-on sentences and all.

TheMysteryOne

surprisingly you were right, it was a comma splice, two related independent clauses not connected in the right way, can be solved with semi colon or using a conjunction such as and, so, or "or" etc....

Feeling the growl again

Apostrophes are used for contractions and possessives; not plurals, didn't you know that? Parents is plural, parent is singular.

'Cause yeah, you totally redeemed yourself editing to add that comma...

Feeling the growl again

surprisingly you were right, it was a comma splice, two related independent clauses not connected in the right way, can be solved with semi colon or using a conjunction such as and, so, or "or" etc....

Dude this has nothing to do with understanding the proper use of the term "parents'", or any other common convention of English language which you have tortured over and over.  With all honesty your posts are nearly impossible to read.  This is what leads to people making fun of you with random language generators.  That, and the fact that you are seemingly oblivious to your language inadequacy and blame other people for your faults.

You have gotten a lot of good advice on this thread.  You ignore it, and insult those who give it to you.  You insult everyone here, yet continue to post, so you are clearly an attention-seeking troll.  So I'm out.

TheMysteryOne

Dude this has nothing to do with understanding the proper use of the term "parents'", or any other common convention of English language which you have tortured over and over.  With all honesty your posts are nearly impossible to read.  This is what leads to people making fun of you with random language generators.  That, and the fact that you are seemingly oblivious to your language inadequacy and blame other people for your faults.

You have gotten a lot of good advice on this thread.  You ignore it, and insult those who give it to you.  You insult everyone here, yet continue to post, so you are clearly an attention-seeking troll.  So I'm out.

No you're the troll. Good advice, nope not too much of that. And again you're trolling with the "you ignore it" (thats why I rested for 6 weeks because I wanted to be able to let the legs be able to run again then for my race...), there is nothing to ignore. I get more advice from my books than on here. No, I don't have language inadequacy; I have long joined up paragraphs that are hard to read, but that alone does not make other forums mistreat people. Nor does waffling on about ones self.

I insult the folk jumping in half way through a thread, the folk who didn't read what I wrote about the letter I got hence why I pushed in a warm down and of course the folk with no running logs that went on about spider man who clearly didn't read what I wrote and which I had explained many times in a paragraph why my lungs where scared. My fault is giving too much of my training plans away rather than just giving a summary for what I am going to be doing. And not taking enough time to spoon feed people easy to read paragraphs. As I said about 4 users actually posted any decent stuff, you were not one of them, you are just a troll.

YOU'RE just guted you and a few others will lose your bet against me soon enough for 5k in 25 mins, as proved by my trusty Garmin 305. I can post you the dump screen it caused when I first tried to install it in win 8 if you like...

LOOK AT THIS REPLY I wrote,  this is the first one where folk seriously don't read..... Apparently I was focused on PRS from all the replies people posted most of the time at this stage I wasnt even pushing and getting PRS but folk said I was battering miles oh and they totally ignored the bold bit I just quote each time I got faster which was all down to fitness very few of them down to pushing.

Then you had the surreal non running dicks mentioning spider man who clearly read none of what I wrote. And then you have the jump in half way through a thread trolls ignore multiple times my reasons for having glass legs and the fact I was iinitially responding to trolls who where ignoring the bit where I say I wasnt pushing hard for prs or  then IGNORING the bit where 2 folk/uber trolls who dont even have a run log where trolling me about being spider man ( nice way to make fun of someone who had radio and chemo dicks!)when it was clear they had read nothing of what I wrote anywhere. Oh and the trolls saying 25 minutes in 2months is not possible.... THEY dont even know me... I think there is a good chance of getting 25 minutes in 2months if I GET My mileage up.... Given in 1km my pr is 5.37 (9.03 per mile pace. The idiot saying "how dare you wish cancer on someone" how dare he ignore the folk trolling me about that very illness including his shitty buddy trolling me about my legs which are made of glass only because of my treatment, they where not like that before. WHEN I WAS FUCKING ILL and didn't KNOW IT I was doing 15 miles a week with no injuries at all and pushing as hard as I could each time, but I was not improving, ( I know the bull shite that same troll will reply with "thats cause you weren't doing enough miles", its beyond SURREAL trolling now....

HOLY SHIT.  Where can I get what you are smoking/dropping???  I tried a lot of shit in my younger years but holy fuck you found the holy grail of mind altering shit.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

No you're the troll.

Spaniel knows what he is talking about. If you don't want help, don't ask for it here.

You are free to leave if you don't like it on RA.

Don't start namecalling bc you don't like the replies you are getting.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Birdwell

TheMysteryOne, how do you feel about the Irish?

just testing a theory.

No more marathons

Huh My finish time was 39 something.  I did run the race and no they don't "publish" the results of every finisher in the newspapers, so hence I was 1800 ish out of 2100 or so, You would need my code, which your not getting. Until folk stop trolling.  There where 9 folk below me in my age group, its quite poor but not bad post cancer, and due to very little training due to injury. Today I ran 21.41 for 2 miles, up 2 big hills in the course which is a lot stronger than my crappy race performance. I have a gpx file to prove it, will upload later, I am not a tech expert. I guess you could go the page and search my time, but that would only give you a list of people it COULD be who ran the time to the same second...

You really need to check some of your earlier posts - you were very specific as to your finish time and place.  And while they might not print everything in the paper, there is this nifty new tool called the internet.  So by looking at the info you gave, one only has to go here (http://www.greatrun.org/Results/full-search) to whittle it down to one of two   And my money would be on this one:  http://www.greatrun.org/results/460/2671

But really, no one cares.  Chill out.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!