Cool Running...hmmm...? (Read 1183 times)

(Please whack me upside the head if I go over 2 posts/day)
    Request noted...I should make that statement about myself too since RA is my biggest distraction while at work. Smile

Michelle

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

CR refugee here; actually, I took the active.com takeover as a Sign from Above to stop wasting so much time on the boards. So, uh, I have found my way to this forum... Roll eyes (Please whack me upside the head if I go over 2 posts/day) Hello everyone! Nice to meet you! Renee in Oregon
      Econo, I've been waiting for you! Don't reply or you'll use up your quota though! Carig

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"

Hi Pro! Yeah, you're right...oh shoot! Tight lipped
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm a long time CoolRunner, but I only posted there 7,008 times or so...
          Ooh, I'm gonna have competition! Big grin Really, I'm kinda glad that CR screwed-up. The more the merrier, I say. I'm always happy to have more folks around here to draw knowledge and experience from. Welcome, CR refugees. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The running boards were very helpful in CR. Whether or not the ClubHouse was of much benefit depends I guess on your point of view. There could be some hefty discussions in there. The merge with active just didn't go as well as some CR's hoped. So some of us have been searching for a new home.
            USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010

Imminent Catastrophe

Welcome everyone. Did you notice that there aren't all kinds of annoying ads and popups on this site? Eric has made a conscious decision to avoid all that, and is giving up a lot of potential revenue. Please support the site, use that PayPal link on the main page. And, please no Dean Karnazes threads. Thank you.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Another Passion

(Please whack me upside the head if I go over 2 posts/day) Hello everyone! Nice to meet you! Renee in Oregon
                Nice to meet you as well, Renee in Oregon. And welcome to all the CR immigrants/refugees! Big grin Heh... I'd be one bludgeoned bloke if I asked someone to whack me upside the head if I went over 2 posts/day. Better than Zoomie though... they'd need her dental records to identify the body! Roll eyes

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Better than Zoomie though... they'd need her dental records to identify the body! Roll eyes
                  I doubt I'd even have teeth left! Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

odaniel0720

CR Refugee here, just comming on board, I tried active for about three days and I couldn't take it anymore. Looks like this is my new home, I hope to meet some good people here.
                    Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

And here is yet another CR refugee, who saw this website on CR when someone said that LRNick was here. Love the layout and seems like a great place. I loved CR (and I enjoyed the banter on CH), but not pleased with the site right now. Not at all ready to abandon it, but nice to see what else is out here in internet-land.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Welcome to everybody from Cool Running & anybody else for that matter. Somehow I feel like it's Season Two of Lost. Who are all these new people? It has been interesting watching new folks flood in & start to acclimate. I'm not very familiar with Cool Running. I'd posted a few times on their message board last year when I first started running again but, never really frequented it enough to get a feel for the place. I think the best feature of RunningAhead is the log system Eric has set up. A message board is an interesting thing to watch. What distinguishes RunningAhead from say Runner's World or LetsRun is a level of civility that's nice to see. Hopefully that can continue. I wonder if it's possible to keep that same level of civility as a message board community grows in size? Will this message board keep its small town charm or will it turn into something else? Is it just me or did the reaction to a certain person's new mileage group skirt the line between good natured joshing or being mean? I think we can all adapt to new people & new ideas. Whatever happens it'll be fascinating to watch. A disturbing thought. Could the same thing that happened at Cool Running happen here? Should we backup our running logs just to be safe? BTW, Blimpychimpy cracks me up.
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eric is a decent guy and a stellar resource. I don't think that he would sell RA off, and even if things changed and he did, I'd imagine that he would give us all ample opportunity to download our logs. Even today, you can easily export your log to an Excel file. So no worries.
                            Hi folks! Another refugee, but I frequent Kickrunners when it isn't having difficulties (I may be an a--hole!) I like the look of this site as well.
                            Run, run as fast as you can

Who needs toenails?

Another former CR/sometime Kickrunner here... but I don't think I post enough at either place to be an a--hole! Of course, maybe that's what defines me as one. Oh no!!
                                Another cool runner here. I will only say something biting and sarcastic if you truly deserve it. Like when someone asked haw a wicking shirt knew which way to wick. Big grin