Grand Rapids Half Marathon...#2 and maybe my last... (Read 2866 times)

Not too cold, especially after the first half mile. Minimal winds REALLY helped! Here is my favorite photo: Here are a few more... Smile k
    "Zoom Zoom", your medal, and a beer. Yup, the key ingredients for a sweet photo Smile
    2009: BQ?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"Zoom Zoom", your medal, and a beer. Yup, the key ingredients for a sweet photo Smile
      Ahem...and notice the shirt... Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Kirsten, I couldn't wait to get home tonight to see your report! Congrats on the time!

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, nicely done! I love the personalized bib. Murphy's Law almost got you (the alarm). Next year, as you pass the halfway point, you'll be asking yourself, "What the *&%# was I thinking?" Wink

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Next year, as you pass the halfway point, you'll be asking yourself, "What the *&%# was I thinking?" Wink
            Actually, I'll probably think that after the marathoners turn off while the halvers go straight ~8.5 mile mark. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, funny thing...the gal who ran the race whose name I thought I heard called out just ahead of mine actually was 6 minutes behind me. She was 6 minutes behind me at my PR HM, too, so looks like we had similar days. And here are my final stats (I am SO average Wink): Chip time: 2:07:49 Pace: 9:46 / mile Field Placement: 542 / 892 (60.8%) Group Placement: 49 / 90 (54.4%) Gender Placement: 273 / 544 (50.2%)

~ Sarah Kay

Ahem...and notice the shirt... Wink
                I know! Hence the "Zoom-Zoom" in quotes ... I noticed your shirt, silly ! <richmond prints our nicknames on our bibs, too! love it --- a v. nice race touch!) prints="" our="" nicknames="" on="" our="" bibs,="" too!="" love="" it="" ---="" a="" v.="" nice="" race=""></richmond prints our nicknames on our bibs, too! love it --- a v. nice race touch!)>
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

<richmond prints="" our="" nicknames="" on="" our="" bibs,="" too!="" love="" it="" ---="" a="" v.="" nice="" race=""></richmond>
                  I couldn't get over how many people had nothing extra on their bibs...it was FREE! Heck, they could have put "eat at Joe's" or "Space for Rent." Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

I couldn't get over how many people had nothing extra on their bibs...it was FREE! Heck, they could have put "eat at Joe's" or "Space for Rent."
                    Yeah why on earth leave something that cool blank?!
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah why on earth leave something that cool blank?!
                      Heck, if I weren't so attached to zoom-zoom I would have put HTFU there! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

There's too much action in that picture! Tongue I need to knock another one of these races out...

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There's too much action in that picture! Tongue
                          Seriously...where else do you get RA shirt, medal, beer, boobs, custom race bib, jewelry...? Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

Nice job ZOOM^2!!!!! Great fall day for a run...ahem, I kinda waited until 1pm to hit the pavement Blush I did think of you though at 6am and I looked out on our deck and saw the temp was 30 degrees. I remember thinking distinctly, SUCKA!!! Big grin And PLEASE don't evah start your subject line like that again!!!! I seriously thought something happened when I read it, and you were giving up running for good...Ok, so color me gullible! Well done my West Side Sista!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Good job Kirsten Big grin It was my first full today. I looked for you, but, you know, I don't know what you look like, so.... Tongue

Lazy idiot

Way to go, Zoomers! Next year it's a full, for sure. Big grin

Tick tock