Grand Rapids Half Marathon...#2 and maybe my last... (Read 2866 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And PLEASE don't evah start your subject line like that again!!!! I seriously thought something happened when I read it, and you were giving up running for good...Ok, so color me gullible! Well done my West Side Sista!
    Heh heh...thanks! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good job Kirsten Big grin It was my first full today. I looked for you, but, you know, I don't know what you look like, so.... Tongue
      See...Eric needs to have the RA graphics on the shirts bigger.... Wink K

~ Sarah Kay

Ahem...and notice the shirt... Wink
        I love the shirt. Are they available to us common folk?

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

well done zoomie - great running. sounds like you had fun. good luck with the marathon training
            Congrats Kirsten!!!
              And here are my final stats (I am SO average Wink):
              You are many things - average is not one of them Smile You look awesome, you ran smart and you had fun Congrats again

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love the shirt. Are they available to us common folk?
                Eric's putting the finishing touches on a store that should be ready pretty soon...watch the tabs above for a "Shopping" tab next to the Community tab. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Edited to add stats (I am SO average Wink): k
                  Yeah, but think of what you were prior to September of 2003. Wink You are ANYTHING but average K! Great year my running friend and, you were an early inspiration to me when I first starting logging into this site and still are! Wink

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Marathonmanleto

Kirsten--great job! Was up in Newaygo where the temp at 6:00am was 25 degress. Thought of you guys. Glad the wind was calm--that helps. Did you say hello to John?? Joe
                      Nice job, Zoomie. Great report.
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten--great job! Was up in Newaygo where the temp at 6:00am was 25 degress. Thought of you guys. Glad the wind was calm--that helps. Did you say hello to John?? Joe
                        I looked for him, but when we were at the expo the only people in the Brooks booth were women...or is there something about John that you aren't telling me...? Wink BTW, that expo was MUCH bigger this year. The race was 2x as big and the expo looked about that much larger, too. You should run GR next year.... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, but think of what you were prior to September of 2003. Wink You are ANYTHING but average K! Great year my running friend and, you were an early inspiration to me when I first starting logging into this site and still are! Wink
                          Good point! And thanks, Rick. You should come do GR next year, too! Or at least Riverbank Run. That is a really fun event, too! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Thanks...I'm always up for a beer...it's in my Wisconsin blood!
                            If I'm not mistaken, beer is Wisconsin blood. Tongue Nice race ZZ!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Congrats on your race Kirsten!!! Great race report. Your stats are much better than average - and you're much faster than me. Keep up the good work! And I'm hoping to do a full next year too. Even if I have to quit my job to do it!! Sara
                                Well done Zoomie, but couldn't you have managed a smile in at least ONE of the pics? Big grin

E.J.
                                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.