2 Wins in June! (Read 992 times)

I'm still floating on cloud 9 from the past few weeks of running. I just came back from injury in April and decided to run 3 local 5k races in the month of June. I surprised myself by winning the first one back on June 2nd (the Genoa Trails Festival 5k) with a time of 18:40. At that time, it was my fastest 5k since returning to running so I was psyched with the time and the win. One week later, I finished 12th overall (and 2nd in my age group) in the Muirfield 5k with a time of 18:21... good for a drop of 19 seconds and another modern day PR. And finally, last Thursday I won the Defend Your Friend 5k with a time of 17:52! Never in my wildest dreams did I think I was going to be able to win races again or approach a sub 18 minute 5k. In between those races, I've also had the pleasure of running with some of the finest runners I have ever met... Jim Jurcevich (a 2:14 marathoner), Josh Ordway (a 2:15 marathoner), Chuck Engel (known as the marathon junkie who ran 53 marathons in 2006) as well as a slew of other elite distance runners that can run a sub 15 minute 5k in their sleep. June was truly a spectacular month which renewed my love for distance running and has me seriously reconsidering my goals!
      Keep riding the wave dude, but do watch out for the rocks. Wink

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Marathonmanleto

Nice job. Stay healthy!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Chris, you should be proud of yourself--you did good! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wow, nice joBlack eyes)! Smile
            2009: BQ?
              Good job!! You are definitely heading in the right direction- keep it going!
              http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                Congrats! I am truly jealous of your 5k times! Keep on running! Smile

Michelle

Thanks, all! Smile The great people that are a part of this website helped keep me motivated... even when I was "on the bench" with an injury earlier in the year. You guys rock!