Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

RunsForCake

Congrats Wannaberunner!

Looks like you are recovered!  *claps*

Hopper.

Hopper

Last spring near the end of outdoor track I ran my 3200m PR of 10:50. Yesterday, I ran at an indoor track meet and PR'd in the 3200m with a 10:28 with a second place finish. I'm pretty happy about my race! Hopefully I'll be able to cut off some more time when I race this distance outdoors.

I look my best blurry!

Congrats Wannaberunner!

Looks like you are recovered!  *claps*

Not quite 100% but I am definitely getting there.   Feeling better everyday.  

10 straight months with 100+ miles.  two weeks to go (May 2) until HM been training for last several months.

I look my best blurry!

10 straight months with 100+ miles.  two weeks to go (May 2) until HM been training for last several months.

Good luck!  Post the results of all your hard work!  10 months and no injuries?  You are a champ.  I need to learn from you.  I have too many peaks and valleys in my training.  Nobby and Tchuck are trying to straighten me out.  I'm trying!!!

yeah been pretty fortunate.  Have had a couple of minor issues but would back it off for awhile.  No special secret involved.  Have learned to better recognize potential issues I guess.   did have fairly serious calf issue end of 08, beg of 09 & then began very, very, gradual buildup.  Still no match for your speed!!

The newbie

I figured my first post to RA should be to celebrate competing in my first race (a 5K) over the weekend. Smile Still just getting started but loving every minute of it!

I look my best blurry!

I figured my first post to RA should be to celebrate competing in my first race (a 5K) over the weekend. Smile Still just getting started but loving every minute of it!

Woo Hoo! Good for you!  Watch out!  It is so addictive!

I ran my first long run in a long time.  Inspired by Boston and getting ready for PGH half in 2 weeks.  Felt AMAZING!  If I don't get too sore I think I am going to run PGH better that I imagined!  So happy to be getting back on my feet.  

Saturday I ran my first Half Marathon since I started running last June. I also bested my goal time by 15 seconds with a HM finish time of 1:54:45 officially.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

i have pretty much fallen off the grid for the past six weeks with a pissed off IT band.

i felt good enough on saturday to try my first race this year and found that despite my lack of training i managed a 19:43 5k!

my new goal is to return next year and win my first overall.

Outside Lane

Small victory....

On the road for work today (far from home) and still got in my run!  My longest run in a while almost 6 miles - along the Congaree River through Columbia, South Carolina.  Not very fast - but I got the run in - and enjoyed about an hour on a beautiful afternoon.

Life is good!

See how they run...

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Small victory....

On the road for work today (far from home) and still got in my run!  My longest run in a while almost 6 miles - along the Congaree River through Columbia, South Carolina.  Not very fast - but I got the run in - and enjoyed about an hour on a beautiful afternoon.

Life is good!

Congrats  It is nice when you can do something for yourself.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Flat footer

I ran 10.4 miles today. 1st long run this year...
                            kondor44

I'd smoked a lot before started running- it forced me to quit that nasty habit. I'm not a complete newbie to the running, but I had a long pause caused by knee injury- November'09 till March'10. Brought down mentally by this break, guess what I did? Yep! I started smoking again, stupid f**k!

What's my little victory, you'd ask?

I restarted my running activity, tossed unfinished pack of smokes and enrolled to the Warsaw Marathon in September. Damn, I'm happy!

Lia's Daddy

I'd smoked a lot before started running- it forced me to quit that nasty habit. I'm not a complete newbie to the running, but I had a long pause caused by knee injury- November'09 till March'10. Brought down mentally by this break, guess what I did? Yep! I started smoking again, stupid f**k!

What's my little victory, you'd ask?

I restarted my running activity, tossed unfinished pack of smokes and enrolled to the Warsaw Marathon in September. Damn, I'm happy!

congrats! As someone who also struggled with the addiction I can tell you that focusing on a marathon will certainly help.  This one of those rare situations where the dangers of running a marathon without the proper base are far less then not doing it. Good luck and keep us posted.

Have you checked the ex-smokers group here? You may find some support there as well.

"Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen