Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Great stuff Mark - I am hoping to work up to a Marathon later this year and would love to go sub-4. Let us know how you get on!

2017 Goals
    1) Run more than 231 miles
    2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Stranger than you know

Ran a half marathon in training without really meaning to do so.

I have been running my long runs in preparation for a half in May on a time basis lately. Today I aimed for 1 hour 55 minutes and when I stopped by my front door, the clock said 1:55:34. When I measured my route on RA, it turned about that I had ran exactly a half marathon within the margin of error (the distance counter said 21.1 km).

I am not usually quite this fast on my easy runs. A 5:30 min/km pace is a bit too fast for a proper easy/long run for me, but definitely something I can sustain for quite a while. The wind must have helped me a fair bit: it was quite windy today and I took full advantage of it while route planning, seeking cover in the forests and among high buildings when running into the wind, and sailing across wide open spaces when going downwind.

wickedlady

Hit the 10 mile run milestone yesterday Smile Weeee!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Hit the 10 mile run milestone yesterday Smile Weeee!

Congrats!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Ran my first ever 5k today in 20:37 which was well ahead of my goal time.  I've logged a bunch of miles over the cold MN winter and it was nice to see it pay off in my first race of the season.  Detailed report available in my log.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

Ran my first ever 5k today in 20:37 which was well ahead of my goal time.  I've logged a bunch of miles over the cold MN winter and it was nice to see it pay off in my first race of the season.  Detailed report available in my log.

Nice way to open your running career. 

I'll boast a little. My running has been depressing lately. Today I was assured of an instant PR at 8.1 miles, if I finished.

A beautiful day despite temps starting under 20F.  There were 4 race distances run simultaneously with 2150 runners.

I snagged an age group win with 59:01. Lucky that the other distances were better options for the 45-49 yr olds.

The Mrs (wannabe) represented Running Ahead well. As did dnephin and jcapozzoli99.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

I "took care of some business" in the woods today in the middle of my 13 miler.  

Didn't get caught.

Left the glove behind.

fake it till you make it

I can run a 60 mile week and not burst info flames. In fact, I really liked the 60 mile week and am looking forward to a repeat in a few week's time.

Nice!  I see you are in Roch- you should consider running your long runs with the group at the RAC on Saturday mornings at 7:15, water stops included & a fun group.

My summer goal was to be able to do a half-marathon. Today I managed 14 miles in 2:13. And I've grown enough to know better than keep my mileage the same next week, so I'm sacraficing the 100 mile month I thought I had.

Marylander

I managed to get in almost 130 miles in March, which makes it about as long a month as I've ever done. I've struggled with motivation since having some personal issues starting last May (which was actually my biggest ever month, over 170 miles). I spent much of 2010 getting things together and began building the running back up since the beginning of 2011.

Not running related but I've also been working on pullups and am on the last few days of a 30 day program that I hope will yield 12-15 good pullups in a single set. I haven't done that in 10 years (and that was when I weighed 20 lbs less). At the beginning of the 30 days I could only do 5 or 6 so the program is really working well to get me back into pullup shape.

Maggie & Molly

today is my 11 yr non smoking anniversary!!!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

sincerely silly

Seriously, amazing first race time!

My turn!  I ran my first 5k of the year 3 minutes faster than my 5ks last year so I'm happy about that. :-) Still took a walk break a mile or so but that's still good for me...

shin splints are my nemesis

Moving on up to week 3 of C25K tomorrow: baby steps, I know, but I'm proud because running is really hard for me, and I'm not very good at it, but I'm keeping it up so far!

Keep building the base.

2012 goals: Under 30 minutes 5K, over 20 miles/week

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

today is my 11 yr non smoking anniversary!!!!

Excellent!!!

steph  

Mrcrumpton

Today my 13 year old son ran his first half, won his AG with 2 hours on the mark. I set my PR and marked 1 goal off the list for the year!

2013 Goals

• 5K-20:00
                                • 10K-44:00
                                • 1/2 Marathon-1:38
                                • Marathon-3:30
                                • Complete 50 Miler