Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

21:10 5K today.  PR by 30 seconds and a 1st place age group finish.

Turbolegs

21:10 5K today.  PR by 30 seconds and a 1st place age group finish.

"Like" !

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

First ever 40 mile week!

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1st time past 50k. Enoree Passage 40 miler. 11:02:00. Not pretty.Smile

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

First race on my own-1/2 marathon in 2:05:37. Now I know where to start my training, and to stick with it.

Ran my first 10 mile distance this morning, I was only going to run a 10k distance. Except for a little chafing I feel surprisingly good.

Stephen.

Change your thoughts and you change your world.
              Norman Vincent Peale

Believe you can and you're halfway there.
              Theodore Roosevelt

2 PR's in a track meet today. 800: 2:32 1600: 5:34

Goals For 2011:

sub 2:30 800m

Sub 6:00 Mile (PR 5:34)

Sub 20:00 5k

250 Mile Club

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1 ulta + 1 marathon in 8 days.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

e454545rt

Took the dive and signed up for my first 10k! Guess I better get training for it.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

First 50 mile week!

steph  

Tea. great job on that 50 mile week!   that's a great name too!

chuck.langford

New 5k PR yesterday, and looking forward to start training for my first marathon.

pjain

Ran what I thought was an 8k today, but closer scrutiny revealed it to be about 7.6k . Still it was my longest run ever so I'm happy..... and very tired Smile

keeponrunning

Getting back into running after what seems like an eternal break due to a knee injury (in reality it's only been a month).  I think I hurt it by wearing shoes with a lot more cushioning than I need (I have a natural mid-fore foot strike).  I now am running in my former race flats (Adizeros) with little to no knee pain, except I have to slowly strengthen my calves.  Thankfully I didn't lose much endurance because I was able to cycle a fair bit. Big grin

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

First 50 mile week!

Congrats.

1st 60 mile week!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter