Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Rookie Runner

Way to go!

First run after a week due to a hip injury.  Felt so good!

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I PR'd at a hilly 10k today. My first ever sub 50 10k, too. Score!

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

you guys (and gals) are all outstanding!!!  all of you who are first starting out & getting at the door to those who set new PR's & pb's in weekly mileage, longest runs, first or longest ultras,  those who are getting back out after injury,  etc, etc.   all outstanding!!  whoo hoo!!

I just continue to plug along & do what I can.  today broke 100 miles for the mth & longest run in about 30 yrs..  23rd consecutive month of 100+ miles.   yes, I know many of you cover that in a week (or sometimes 2 days) but still something that I am most proud of, even over any race pr's.

and now after eating a bag of yogurt covered pretzels, time for  a little nap.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

23rd consecutive month of 100+ miles.

WTG!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

pjain

Capped of my first ever +20 mile week with a surprisingly quick and easy 5 miler !

that's great!  sometimes it feels "easy",  but most of the time, not, but still love to get out there!

Stranger than you know

Back in business after my debut half marathon two weeks ago: ran 10 miles today, including 3 miles at tempo pace (=a bit faster than my half marathon speed). This was the first time I felt really good and ready to go after the long race.

Stranger than you know

Run the 1000th kilometer for year 2011 today. Didn't really expect to reach such a goalpost this soon, or perhaps at all. Back in 2010 when I started running more consistently I thought I might do 1500 km in a year, but now it looks like I will do >2000 km in my first year of 'serious' running.

(1000 km = 620 miles)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1st   200 mile month. 200.5

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

1st   200 mile month. 200.5

awesome!

Marylander

I didn't quite get to 200 miles (NICE!) but I did get 167.6 and lost something in the ballpark of 6-10 lbs. Smile June should include more miles and another 6-10 lbs (perhaps marking the end of me working on losing fat).

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

33 lbs lighter in 3 months.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

33 lbs lighter in 3 months.

wow that is awesome!

I got out for my first run in 3 1/2 weeks after turning my ankle pretty badly.

Bill Wagnon / stl

As of today’s run, more miles covered so far in 2011 than in all of 2010.

More important than the distance though, running well and feeling incredible, and I like to think I’m at least a little less abrasive and a little more mellow than last year too (which I 100% attribute to more running). 

Only “downside” – starting to look ridiculous in my clothes (down 45 lbs from when I re-started running last March). Still looking for that elusive “2 sec per mile per pound“ advantage though…

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Stranger than you know

Ran my 16 miler long run (in 2:31) and enjoyed it all the way through.