learning to run (Read 963 times)

gallegoh

New Year, New Oportunity

Smile Hi, today is my first running day. I`m 40, and after reading "the courage to start" John " the Penguin", i´ve manage my mind about it.Roll eyesRoll eyes

A Saucy Wench

welcome!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Hi, and welcome! Big grin
        Slo

Hello, Welcome......Congrats.......Best of Running ! Keep us posted.

TRIing to beat the heat!

Awesome! Get ready to become addicted to the best sport in the world! Cool

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL

Run the race God set B4U

Great! let us know how you did, welcome to our crazy world (and we love it!) Big grin
              5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
              gallegoh

New Year, New Oportunity

Thank you for all your comments My first day, in a couple of hours I hope run for 40 min. and 140 ppm Easy, but I'll be moving
                  Thank you for all your comments My first day, in a couple of hours I hope run for 40 min. and 140 ppm Easy, but I'll be moving
                  Your first run is 40 minutes? That's aggressive. Congrats.
                  Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Welcome! It's an amazing sport we have here. Great to have another person here with us.
                      Welcome and congratulations. You've made a wise choice to improve your fitness and are joining a society of really great people. Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Queen of 3rd Place

Welcome, fellow-40-something new runner person! Wow, 40 min? That's more than many people start out with - let us know how it goes! Be careful: if you hang out here, you're gonna end up doing marathons and other crazy stuff Big grin Arla

Ex runner

Welcome and healthy running to you! Take it easy in the beginning so that you don't injure yourself. Plenty of time to improve and enjoy your time on the road. Post often!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Welcome, fellow-40-something new runner person! Wow, 40 min? That's more than many people start out with - let us know how it goes! Be careful: if you hang out here, you're gonna end up doing marathons and other crazy stuff Big grin
                            Arla's not kidding, if you're not careful marathons and other crazy stuff can happen to you. I know I had a couple of false starts, due to trying to do too much too soon. I also wasn't wearing good running shoes, and I'm sure that contributed as well. If I had found the Couch to 5K and One Hour Runner group I probably would have a lot more miles under my shoes by now. I think it's best to err on the side of caution at first, and allow your body to adjust well. You want to build to the point of addiction, and run for years. Starting is a great choice, best of luck to you!

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

gallegoh

New Year, New Oportunity

Hello, again. Yes, I did. I couldWink Yesterday, at 20:30 my life changed. REally, I couldn´t run 40 minutes, but i did 35 minutes. Rare Sensations: Very happy, because I was doing it. I was running, but my target 140-150 ppm (heart rate) was very difficult. During all the time, 160-165 ppm. Maybe next day (tomorrow, beacause I´ll do three times a week) I'll try slower.