www.womensrunningmag.com (Read 832 times)

Seen this yet? I had to pick one of these up just to see what the heck it was about. Anyway, wonder what others think. Oh and another thing. Want to be "featured"? Apply at womensrunningmag.com. Be an "inspiration" for your fellow women...
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I discovered this magazine a while back. Looks like they are regurgitating issues of HerSports + Fitness...same articles, photos, editor, etc. It's probably worth subscribing to for a year, but I found it to be very repetitive...mostly ads. Some nice content, but not enough to justify a magazine that only comes out 5-6x/year.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah I'm with you. I think they could make this magazine a lot better. I read through the whol section of diet and weight loss (trying to lose a few lbs Tongue) and it didnt' tell me anything I didnt know already. I'll probably subscribe for a year too, though, and see if it improves.

Go Pre!

They gave these away at the Las Vegas marathon expo - it is officially the 'do-over' of HerSports + Fitness. They gave us an issue and expected us to pay for subscriptions. Hell, every ne magazine I have eve come acroos here has given away subscriptions, or extremely reduced for 1 year if not to get circulation up and get advertisers. All in all, I thought it sucked but it was their first issue (Nov 2008)

Mitch & Pete's Mom

I discovered this magazine a while back. Looks like they are regurgitating issues of HerSports + Fitness...same articles, photos, editor, etc. It's probably worth subscribing to for a year, but I found it to be very repetitive...mostly ads. Some nice content, but not enough to justify a magazine that only comes out 5-6x/year.
            +1 Then again, I believe most women's magazines are like that, repeitive...mostly ads. "How to Lose Weight" on one page and the next page is "Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cupcakes." Not nearly as cool as a Runners vs. Joggers Donny Brook
            Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

+1 Then again, I believe most women's magazines are like that, repeitive...mostly ads. "How to Lose Weight" on one page and the next page is "Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cupcakes." Not nearly as cool as a Runners vs. Joggers Donny Brook
              +10 Big grin Yeah, I don't subscribe to any women's magazines for that reason. I found that parenting magazines were just as bad. Good for a year, but after that...eh. I have a subscription to Running Times coming (a local kid was doing a fundraiser for his school). One year...cheap. Doubt I will renew.

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Hell, every ne magazine I have eve come acroos here has given away subscriptions
                Daddyo, are you turning a wee Scottish?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Daddyo, are you turning a wee Scottish?
                  I was wondering that, myself. Or maybe he just had some Talisker or something.

~ Sarah Kay

Mitch & Pete's Mom

I was wondering that, myself. Or maybe he just had some Talisker or something.
                    Or, maybe that's what happens when guys read women's running magazines.
                    xor

Or, maybe that's what happens when guys read women's running magazines.
                      Big grin Aye, lass. (as for me, I just read threads about reading women's mags. I don't read the mags. That's just daddyo.) ((Or do I?))

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin Aye, lass. (as for me, I just read threads about reading women's mags. I don't read the mags. That's just daddyo.) ((Or do I?))
                        We won't think less of you if you do...the women featured in those magazines are hot! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Mitch & Pete's Mom

We won't think less of you if you do...the women featured in those magazines are hot! Big grin
                          Just like no one thinks any less of Zoomy and I when we "glance through" Men's Health. Roll eyes
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just like no one thinks any less of Zoomy and I when we "glance through" Men's Health. Roll eyes
                            Uhhh...was I only supposed to be GLANCING? Blush

~ Sarah Kay