Recommendations for women's running shorts (Read 1781 times)

Pre would have liked us.

Hello I'm just starting back into racing--hopefully the Fargo 1/2 in May and like any self-conscious female, I'm looking for a flattering, comfortable, functional and hopefully stylish racing short. The last time I raced, was in college so I wore a glorified swimming suit. I feel a little hippy and it seems like the common running shorts make the hips look even bigger. Any advice and help would be appreciated. Online purchasing would be my best bet. Thanks
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Forget shorts, it's all about the running skirt (they usually have briefs or compression shorts built-in underneath, but the skirt keeps you modesl and girly lookin')! Seriously, after I bought my first running skirt I was hooked. I doubt I will ever own another pair of running shorts. It's so nice to not have all that fabric bunching up between my smooshy inner thighs. We have several threads going about them in the Ladies Locker Room if you want to come join us (the link is in my sig). Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Jenn! I'm not a shopper, so I don't have any suggestions for you. However, I'm a RA nutt, so here's where maybe I can help you out... Wink I'd suggest you email Zoom-zoom to get the password for the Ladies' Locker Room (http://www.runningahead.com/groups/girls_only) as this is one (of many) topics that gets covered in there. You might also want to use the search function in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Also try searching "running skirts" if you're interested. Good luck! Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

Forget shorts, it's all about the running skirt (they usually have briefs or compression shorts built-in underneath, but the skirt keeps you modesl and girly lookin')! Seriously, after I bought my first running skirt I was hooked. I doubt I will ever own another pair of running shorts. It's so nice to not have all that fabric bunching up between my smooshy inner thighs. We have several threads going about them in the Ladies Locker Room if you want to come join us (the link is in my sig). Smile k
          ZZ, you beat me to it! Don't you ever get off the computer? Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

ZZ, you beat me to it! Don't you ever get off the computer? Tongue
            Nah...nothing good on TV and it's warm here by my monitor! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

How can I get the password for the ladies locker room? my email is triciacecil@gmail.com . And other vote for THE SKIRT! Love mine!
              2009: BQ?
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I now have 3 running skirts. My NB Andare, the SkirtSports GymGirl, and a new New Balance "Bonita" skirt in black (yay, birthday money!). I really like the fit of the NB ones. AND that the undershort is not translucent! I don't know that I'd buy another SkirtSports skirt until they make the shorts so that no one can see what color undies I'm wearing if my skirt flips up. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, and look...50% off any items with the "smooch" color at SkirtSports tomorrow! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Pre would have liked us.

Well, thank you very much girls. I just purchased my first running skirt--Gymgirl black with pink!!! I also got 3 shirts to go with it--Happy Valentines to Me!!! You can skip the flowers (again) this year, honey! I'm soooo excited!
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Flowers are SO overrated. Hubby bought me a dozen roses for my birthday...it was a nice gesture, but for $30 I could have had a nice potted plant for the yard. I've never gotten the cut flowers thing...$$ for something that I get to watch die (not to say that doesn't happen with things I plant, but at least those have a *chance*, LOL)? Tongue I hope you love your skirt! I think the addiction is sweeping RA! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Pre would have liked us.

smooshy inner thighs. Oh, and I also would like the password for the Ladies Locker Room. It sounds like just what I'm looking for. I like to know others feel like I do and use phrases like "smooshy inner thighs" without shame!! My email is jtwt@itctel.com
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Password on its way! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

oh man! I so want to shop - did you see? There's a new Pink Camo print for the GymGirl! *sigh* I could so do with more GymGirls Smile
                            Walk + Jog = wog.
                            I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                            I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                            Koruja

Password on its way! Big grin k
                              Can I get in on that too? Koruja@lycos.com
                                Can I have the password to the girls only section too please? cynthiahagan@yahoo.com Thx Smile
                                ---- Cynthia