1000 Mile Club

Finally made it to Page 1 (Read 584 times)

Forever Learning

Thank you kindly... Big grin Hoping to beat that 5-K time again in another month. Don't forget the rest days - it looks like you haven't had one in a while. Recovery is part of training. And no, this isn't said because we have a little rivalry going Wink
      Thank you kindly... Big grin Hoping to beat that 5-K time again in another month. Don't forget the rest days - it looks like you haven't had one in a while. Recovery is part of training. And no, this isn't said because we have a little rivalry going Wink
      I have trouble with recovery days. Because of a few forced recovery days in the past I always view days that I can run as days that I need to run. I'm still learning. I do super easy runs instead of taking off completely. When my legs need a break they'll let me know. I was hoping to go for a PR this Wed in the Tex Mex 5k, but I'm worried that the heat will keep that from happening. I don't race well in the heat. What is your goal for a 5k race time? Mine is 21:00. Is your next race scheduled or are you just going to find one next month?

Michelle

Forever Learning

Glad you are incorporating easy/recovery days. I tend to need days completely off. My 5-K goal in the near term is to break 23:00. I ran a 23:01 back in April as a time trial but the course was flat and the weather wasn't a factor. If I could get under 22:00 later this fall I would be happy. Longer term my goal is sub 20 (maybe that is a year or two away). They have a 5-K the 2nd and 4th saturday of the month somewhat near me. I am trying to do the last one each month to monitor my progress. It is very low key, $1 entry fee, but they have some fast runners - 17:00 +/- normally wins it. My 31st place finish last week was my best thus far with a reasonable field (60+). As far as heat, that is the reason I am hoping for my best times this fall/winter. Last Saturday was mid 70's with ~98% humidity - rather oppressive Cry
          My 5-K goal in the near term is to break 23:00. I ran a 23:01 back in April as a time trial but the course was flat and the weather wasn't a factor. If I could get under 22:00 later this fall I would be happy. Longer term my goal is sub 20 (maybe that is a year or two away).
          My long term goal has been 21 (for the past few years actually, but I haven't tried hard till now). More recently my goal was 23 until I reached that in early June with a 22:50, now I'm going to focus on the 21 time. EVENTUALLY 20 minutes would be nice. I like placing in my age group but what I'd really really like is to be in the top overall for women in some of these local races. That would be very nice.
          Glad you are incorporating easy/recovery days. I tend to need days completely off.
          I think I'll take today off, it has been a while. Of course later on today I might have a different thought and head out for a run, but my plan is to NOT run today.

Michelle

They have a 5-K the 2nd and 4th saturday of the month somewhat near me. I am trying to do the last one each month to monitor my progress. It is very low key, $1 entry fee, but they have some fast runners - 17:00 +/- normally wins it. My 31st place finish last week was my best thus far with a reasonable field (60+). (
            That's pretty neat. I wish there was something like that around here. It would be nice to not pay 20-30 for a race!

Michelle

That's pretty neat. I wish there was something like that around here. It would be nice to not pay 20-30 for a race!
              It is nice. The running club I joined (Dallas Running Club) has 8+ races a year that are free to members and only $5-$10 for non-members. Maybe there is a club like that in your area?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

It is nice. The running club I joined (Dallas Running Club) has 8+ races a year that are free to members and only $5-$10 for non-members. Maybe there is a club like that in your area?
                I will look into it. I feel guilty about the time I spend away from the family running as it is, officially joining a running club might be pushing my luck (with meeting up during the week and all)...but if they have deals for non-members I could at least join in on the races from time to time.

Michelle

Forever Learning

Bonkin Are you running the DRC half in November?
                    JWU, Yep. I'm signed up for it.

I did it!!!!! I made it to page 1. Now what? Big grin

Michelle

Umm. Move to the top of page 1?

Forever Learning

Or move to the 1500 mile group and go back to page 2 Wink
                            Umm. Move to the top of page 1?
                            Sounds like a mission! Cool I have a feeling this is gonna take a long long time!

Michelle

Um. NO. Way too much pressure!!

Michelle

Is that your plan? With the way you're increasing your mileage you'll be moving on up in no time. I missed out on some good miles over the weekend. I was in NY, at my parent's campground and after driving around and seeing my options of running places I ended up running along the main road. The side roads were all like scenes from the movie Deliverance...way too creepy for me. The main road was much too busy, and not entirely safe so I took the day off on Sunday.

Michelle