1000 Mile Club

Finally made it to Page 1 (Read 584 times)

True, but pushing yourself at different paces/distances improves different systems. (i.e. VO2max, lactate, etc.)
    This is what I've been trying to do, in my own ways. I have several goals with running so I've been scattered as to what I'm working on the "most".
    As for where to do intervals, you don't need a track. And you don't necessarily need to be precise -- you can run time based intervals. Or you can look at my avatar. Garmie has all the answers. Clowning around
    I should get one of those. Now I have to figure out which child I'll sell to afford it. Roll eyes

Michelle

Forever Learning

Ms. Mississippi Wink You live in my old stomping grounds - I grew up in West Chester... This whole running thing is something you learn from reading and talking to others. I feel strongly it is not about running fast all the time and your body will continually adjust and get faster the more you do it... Philly in November - best of luck!!!
        Ms. Mississippi Wink You live in my old stomping grounds - I grew up in West Chester...
        I lived in West Chester for a few years, Golf Club apartments, that's where I met my husband. Now I'm about thirty minutes away from WC.
        This whole running thing is something you learn from reading and talking to others. I feel strongly it is not about running fast all the time and your body will continually adjust and get faster the more you do it... Philly in November - best of luck!!!
        I'm still learning. Back in school I just ran, it was fun, I was good at it and I didn't give it much thought. Now I have to think about it, and I'm not as good (getting old does that). But it's still fun, and I think that is half the battle. My husband HATES running, he does his three miles and not a step further. I'll get it. Philly in November. I know, I know...brrrrrr. Cool That's okay, I'd rather be cold than too hot.

Michelle

You live in my old stomping grounds - I grew up in West Chester...
          I lived in San Antonio for a short spell. I have family in San Antonio and Saginow, and a friend in Austin. I haven't been there since 1999. I DON'T LIKE SCORPIONS. Especially when they are hovering on the wall above my head as I lay in bed. Ick.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

My husband HATES running, he does his three miles and not a step further.
            So does he just up'n stop at the 3-mile mark of a 5k and call it quits, with only a measly 188 yards to go? Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

No running for me today. I'll force a rest day (my legs are sore from my 13 miler Blush )

Michelle

So does he just up'n stop at the 3-mile mark of a 5k and call it quits, with only a measly 188 yards to go? Clowning around
                WELL. NO, not in a race (he's done 4 5k races). I mean for his 4 days a week he runs. OKAY, on that thought, he actually does run 3.12 miles since the course I have us doing is 3.12 and not just 3 miles so although he doesn't know it, he runs more than 3 miles each run. But he does just up'n stop at the 3.1 or 3.12 mark...NOT A STEP FURTHER. Big grin He won't run with me anymore. Says it's too much pressure. I think I just talk too much.

Michelle

You live in my old stomping grounds - I grew up in West Chester...
                  We used to live down the road a piece in West Grove. At first the snow was nice, but after a few years it was time to move to a warmer climate.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Forever Learning

Bonkin, You doing a Pfitz program? It sure looks like it based on your log Wink What race are you training for?
                      Hey Jeff, Yes, I'm currently doing a Pfitz plan - it's the 18/55 one. Not sure if I can take those kind of miles, so I'm following the plan for now, but if it gets to be too much - I'll trim some of the recovery days out to reduce the mileage a bit. I'm training for the Marathon 2 Marathon out in west Texas on 10/13. Then the DRC Half and then maybe White Rock depending on I feel. How about you, I thought I saw you mention you were doing the DRC Half, but you are in Houston?

Forever Learning

Bonkin, Yeah - in Houston. Was planning to use the DRC Half for a tune-up race. I was thinking about running the Houston marathon in January. If I follow the 24/55 plan the weekend of the DRC half is also the weekend for my 17 w/ 14 mi MGP run.
                          Sweet. Keep me posted and we'll do some kind of RA meetup at The Half. There are 5 of us doing El Scorcho this weekend and I would think at least some of them may be doing The Half as well.

Last week I was on vacation and didn't get to run the miles I had planned... I'm back now, and hopefully I'll actually stick with my training schedule!

Michelle

Forever Learning

Was wondering where you were - hoping you didn't get injured... Welcome back and hope the vacation has you rejuvenated Big grin
                                Was wondering where you were - hoping you didn't get injured... Welcome back and hope the vacation has you rejuvenated Big grin
                                Nope, no injuries. I had plans of running a lot while on vacation but with having four children and a full schedule of "fun fun fun"...my days weren't quite long enough, unless I set my alarm and was up at 6:00 a.m. And, for once, I took advantage of being on vacation and tried not to set my alarm (although I did twice). Busch Gardens VA was awesome, the resort we stayed at was a golf club, it was very fancy and plush. Then we headed to Ocean City, MD for the rest of the week. Here is where it got hectic. We spent hours on the beach (my favorite place) each day. I love to be in the ocean with the older kids, we all looked like drowned rats by the end of the day. We did the boardwalk each night. We played lots of tennis. I enjoyed the hot tub and pool bar (but not too much). The treadmill in OC MD was very cool. I got to run with pre-set courses that added hills, it was hard!!

Michelle