1500 Miles So Go Run

2022 March - Almost Spring!! (Read 6 times)

jeffdonahue

Glad the arm is doing good now.

Got in my 12 miler this morning.  The first half was pretty rough - did some 30 second walk breaks every mile or so because my legs were beat up.  Somehow I got talked into refereeing 3 soccer games yesterday - boys U14 - those kids are fast.  So while I had already done my run for the day I ended up with three hours of off and on 30-40 yard sprints to keep up with them.

I really felt that this morning.  Had a few weird twinges of pain in my lower legs during the first 6 miles so I just made sure I kept it nice and easy and I think the walk breaks helped a lot.  By the end I was doing 3-4 miles between walk breaks and didn't really need them but knowing how beat up my legs were I thought they were necessary to not kill myself.

Feel really good that it's done but man, I am STIFF now.  I looked at my log and I haven't run 12 miles since last August.  I'm not sure my body knew what they hell I was doing to it.

4 weeks until my HM.

kcam

Nice work on the 12, especially after the soccer referee'ing.   Keep getting in those 12's or longer on a regular basis, it really helps me.  A friend in my running club ref's a lot of soccer and this guy is FAST.  He says it's ref'ing is like doing a running workout.

I also go in a 12 miler this morning.  Yesterday I ran a club race (3.5 hilly miles) so when I woke up this morning my legs were feeling it.  I almost texted the group I was going to run with that I was bailing but I mustered up the gumption to get out of bed and get it done.  So glad I did (isn't it always that way?!).  We did 12.4 as a kind of unintended progression.  Started at 9min/mile and progressed down to about 8min/mile for the last 2.5 miles.  This was EXACTLY what I feel I needed as a last workout before my big 10mile race next Sunday.  Most races I do I'm not really keying or focusing on but this one is kinda important to me.  I'll just do some easy running and maybe a very light workout on Wednesday.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Great runs, y'all! 

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
        5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

jeffdonahue

Legs were feeling a little better today - I was able to get 6 miles in on the treadmill.  Still need to keep going with the PT moves for my shins though because they are still a little tight.  I have a speed session planned for Thursday but I'll play that by ear and not push it if they are still tight.