1500 Miles So Go Run

2022: Who's up for 1500 miles this year? (Read 23 times)

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Let's get on board with 1500 miles in 2022!

Invite your running buds to this forum and have a great year.

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
    5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I'm hoping to have a strong first half of 2022 bc I feel like I'm walking out of this year. I can hit 1500, but I've been stalled between 1500-1550 for a couple of years. And, since you ask, RR, I'll join up here! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Welcome, CM!

I'm not an admin here (but speak up, wherever you are), but my thoughts for 2022 are:  whoever posts first for each month starts a new thread. I'll kick us off NYE and then step aside.

For people contemplating 1500 miles:  it's approximately 4.11 miles a day, or approximately 28.85 mpw.

MTA Some browsers don't play well with the widgets on RA. So if you have trouble setting your pace bunny, try a different browser.

Im on an iPhone using Chrome, so:

Training Log>
        Scroll page to the right>
        Tap Edit Layout>
        Tap Widgets>
        Look at the widgets dropdown menu and tap Goals>
        Scroll page around until you see the Goals widget box>
        Click the tiny pencil and edit your dates and mileage goal>
        Scroll back to the Widget dropdown and click Lock Layout.

Now you'll have your personal pace bunny!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I usually hit a bit lower that first 1/3 of the year. Stupid winter!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

jeffdonahue

Okay, I'm in.  Last year i had a great first half and then stalled out in the second half due to some injuries (my own fault for doing 7 half marathons in 7 days in June - it was fun but I pushed them too hard I think).

Anyway, this year I am planning a more laid back approach to training.  I typically set my training plans out with a lot of miles, but this year I'd like to do more of a go out and run as much as I feel like type of running.  So while I still set some training plans up - one for a HM in April right now, I have found some relatively low mileage training plans where I can follow them pretty easily and then just run more miles on the days I feel like it.

Should still hit 1500 with no issues though I think.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Sounds like a great method, Jeff. The nice thing about a 1500 mpy goal is that you can fit in training cycles and rest. Can't wait to see how your year goes.

jeffdonahue

Me too - started off slow with one mile this morning.  Let's get this going - looking for a little longer run tomorrow (probably on the treadmill as the weather looks a bit sketchy), then the training plan starts on Monday.

Sounds like a great method, Jeff. The nice thing about a 1500 mpy goal is that you can fit in training cycles and rest. Can't wait to see how your year goes.

kcam

Hi folks, I am in!  I do hope to hit more than 1500 but my goals have been derailed the last few years due to, well, life.  It's all good though.  I ran 1721 miles in 2021 with an original goal of 2200 miles, so, yeah didn't make it!

I have logged a total of 38,000+miles on RA over the years and need 1979 miles for 2022 to hit 40,000 RA miles by end of 2022.  That is really my goal but I don't want too much pressure, ha. I'm gonna post here with you guys to try and keep some motivation to get it done.  I will actually be very happy if I do hit the 1500 miles this year.

My running philosophy has always been to run when I feel like it as much as I want to.  I've never actually followed any training plans and In years past that meant 2500-3000.  I'm older and I seem to just run less miles nowadays.  We'll see how it goes this year.  I'm signed up for a 10mile race at the end of this month so I need to get out on some longer runs before then.

Happy New Year and hope we all hit our goals, running and otherwise, this year.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

I hope you crush that goal this year, Kcam!

HappyFeat

Just now joining this bunny group. I hope to run more, but very well may run less. Life is unpredictable. I was hit with a surprise heart attack on Dec 16 which curtailed my running for a bit. It was a freak thing - caused by a coronary artery spasm - that I don't have any risk factors for. All the tests and evaluations show that my heart and I are 100% healthy and we're all crossing our fingers that it doesn't ever happen again. So now I'm slowly progressing my weekly mileage (am close to 30  mpw now) and am up to 7 miles for my longest run so far.

I may steal your goal Kcam, though not for 2022. I hadn't thought about trying to hit a total mileage goal. I "only" need 4015 miles to make 40K. A few years ago, that would only have taken 2 years to achieve.  These days, I am taking a more flexible approach to training, much like Jeff describes.

Anyway - hello! and I look forward to participating in this group.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

jeffdonahue

Hi Happyfeet - welcome to the group.  Sorry to hear about the heart attack but glad to see you've gotten through and are back at it.  Running should help make the heart stronger right?

HappyFeat

Yep - back at it, Jeff, and apparently none the worse for wear. Well perhaps a little older and tireder.  BTW, there is (or used to be) an RAer named Happyfeet - different spelling and a guy. Not me.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

kcam

Welcome Happyfeat.  Hope you hit that 40k goal!  That's a whole lot of miles!  Happy to hear that you've done so well recovering from the heart attack and hope it turns out to have been a one-off occurance.   I also suffered a heart attack, year and a half ago when I was 58.  Two stents in my LAD artery later and I'm back out running.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Welcome, HappyFeat!