1500 Miles So Go Run

1500 (Read 492 times)

Go Pre!

Nice work, Arne. What are your race plans through the winter? Any chance you'll run any of: - Boxing Day 10 miler, Hamilton (12/26) - Chilly HM, Burlington (3/2) - Around the Bay, Hamilton (3/30)?
    I am in for the Chilly and will probably either do the Bay or split it with my daughter. No go on the Halilton 10 miler but we are running Dec 30 Brampton Resolution run, and New Year's day (9K) "Hair of the Dog' here in the Beaches. You guys should venture down for that Smile
      I'm in for all 3. Signed up and everything. My rationale: - the Boxing Day 10 miler because I have never done it - the Chilly HM as a warm-up/benchmark for the AtB - the AtB as a warm-up/benchmark for the Mississauga Marathon. This should keep me focused through the dreary winter months. Good luck with your pursuit of a BQ time, Arne. 'Hair of the dog', you say? Undecided

Go Pre!

Ack, I miscalculated. Seems that 3 week layoff put me too far behind and when I calculated last week what I needed to run to get to 1500, I thought 5.-6 K per day was the goal. I was wrong and it is now almost 10 per day, (5-6 miles is what threw me off) This is probably not a good idea for someone 'easing' back into regular running...I figure though, I can safely get to about 1420 - 1430, and then do a 70 miler on new years eve....THEN rest up for the new year Smile
          I won't be reaching 1500 -- I had too many set backs this year. Sad Stupid hamstring issues and then my surgery. I've learned to allow more recovery/rest days. Especially with soccer games now. I think this will help me in the long run...no pun intended. Big grin

Michelle

Ack, I miscalculated. Seems that 3 week layoff put me too far behind and when I calculated last week what I needed to run to get to 1500, I thought 5.-6 K per day was the goal. I was wrong and it is now almost 10 per day, (5-6 miles is what threw me off) This is probably not a good idea for someone 'easing' back into regular running...I figure though, I can safely get to about 1420 - 1430, and then do a 70 miler on new years eve....THEN rest up for the new year Smile
            Hi Daddyo, Looks like you and I have the same number of miles right now. I think I'll have to do that 70 miler on new years eve too. Clowning around
              If I run 10 miles a day from now until the end of the month I'll make 1500 for the year. Ummmm, nope, sorry, can't quite fit that into my schedule. My husband would think I was insane for sure!! Big grin

Michelle

Go Pre!

Hi Daddyo, Looks like you and I have the same number of miles right now. I think I'll have to do that 70 miler on new years eve too. Clowning around
                I thought about it today, it takes me almost 4 hours to run a marathon...a 70 miler, even if I survived it ... would take me 11 hours - even if I was able to maintain that pace! So based n that I have canceled the 70 mile run. Okay, I was only kidding in the first place Wink

Prophet!

I did it. Yay!
                    Awesome! Congrats, Steve!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I did it. Yay!
                      and how cool that you did it at your marathon! congratulations!
                      2009: BQ?
                        I did it. Yay!
                        Very nice! Congratulations on the marathon and reaching 1500. Smile

Michelle

runpd

Eye Lick Two Rhune

I did it. Yay!
                          That is cool that you did it near the end of your marathon. I bet it was awsome with the people cheering you on and not only be for the race but for 1500 miles. I just crossed the plateau on a gravel road in the cold. Many props for doing it that way. Big grin

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift" -Pre

Congrats new 1500 finishers! If all goes according to plan I will join you Fri or Sat.

Slow-smooth-fast

I wont be making it. I need 183 miles in Dec now, and I know that would just be too dangerous to even attempt, especially on all the festive turkey and beer! I know that I will make it in 2008. Cant wait for the new year and see what it brings for me in terms of improvements. Hopefully I will get under 7 at an easy pace.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Woot!