1500 Miles So Go Run

2022 January - Happy New Year! (Read 18 times)

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Here's our thread for January.

May your runs be many!

MTA and FYI:

For runners who are contemplating:  1500 mpy is approximately 4.11 mpd or 28.85 mpw.

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
    5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Got in 5 on this very warm day. 80F is not normal, even for us, this time of year. Glad to be out there, though.

Welcome to anyone planning to run 1500+ miles this year.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Happy New Year! I went for a short run today - just 30 minutes. -42*F windchill which is not unusual in the winter, but I'm tired of it. We've been in an extreme cold warning for days. A week maybe? I'm running a race tomorrow that is minimum 4km or as many loops as you want to do before the cut off time. I'm not looking to do a long distance because I have been running garbage mileage all month. It's supposed to be better weather, windchill only -26*F.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

jeffdonahue

Dang, that sounds cold.  I was going to run on the treadmill this morning but the temp outside is about 44F so I'm heading outside.

I remember last year when I picked up my son in upstate NY and it was -20 with the windchill.  I went out and ran about 9 miles in that and I remember it being so cold it made my eyes water - then the cold froze my eyes shut at one point when I was running into the wind.

Good luck in the race.

Happy New Year! I went for a short run today - just 30 minutes. -42*F windchill which is not unusual in the winter, but I'm tired of it. We've been in an extreme cold warning for days. A week maybe? I'm running a race tomorrow that is minimum 4km or as many loops as you want to do before the cut off time. I'm not looking to do a long distance because I have been running garbage mileage all month. It's supposed to be better weather, windchill only -26*F.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Good luck on that race!

I had a bit of asthma flare, so had a shorter run today. Anticipating a big weather shift overnight, so shuffling my planned runs this week. Still a little sore from my tumble a few days ago (face-planted uphill at the end of a run), so taking it easy either way. 
            Here's to getting the miles!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I only ran 8km this morning. Much better weather -- only -24*F windchill -- but I was really feeling the lack of longer runs lately. I'm okay with 8km. This is the first race of the year in my city. I've never done this one before. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Cooler weather arrived yesterday, and I had a nice, slow run today. Switched to a new workout plan for the new year, so not going to worry about running pace for several weeks, just keeping my intended mileage. 
                Signed up for a new local 5k this weekend. Hope the rain holds off!

kcam

I ran a mile today, 1.6 yesterday.  Trying to keep the 'ran every day in 2022 so far' thing going as long as possible.  Been sick for the past week.  Slight fever, sinus congestion, little bit weak.  Maybe COVID?  I'm staying away from people as much as possible, wearing the mask.  Vaxxed and boostered.  Tired of the whole thing. 

jeffdonahue

Nice job.  Keeping a streak going can suck when you're sick.  We do have a group for that as well if you are interested in joining.

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/mileaday/streak

I ran a mile today, 1.6 yesterday.  Trying to keep the 'ran every day in 2022 so far' thing going as long as possible.  Been sick for the past week.  Slight fever, sinus congestion, little bit weak.  Maybe COVID?  I'm staying away from people as much as possible, wearing the mask.  Vaxxed and boostered.  Tired of the whole thing. 

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Streaking is definitely a challenge while sick. Hope you feel better soon! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

kcam

Thanks, Meg and Jeff.

I looked at the streak group. That is super impressive Jeff and Meg!  Besides the fact that there is a guy who has run 14yrs,2days without missing a day what's interesting to me is that there are only12 folks out of 110 in the group with significant streaks.  You guys/gals are dedicated.  The longest streak I've ever done was 92 days, which occurred over 2020/2021.  I joined the group.  Question:  does a treadmill mile count as 'running'?

jeffdonahue

4 miles this morning, with 15 minutes at tempo pace - falling a little behind the bunny but not worried, it's only week one.  Plus, i'm flying to Florida today to take my daughter to a soccer tournament and it's like 75 degrees down there right now so I think I'll probably end up doing some longer stuff while I'm there in the good temperatures.

This morning was on the treadmill.  I had considered running outside because it was close to 40 out, but as I drove to the gym my car was all over the road - thin sheet of ice everywhere so safer to just hit the treadmill.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Enjoy the warm weather down there!

My schedule is all wacky this week, so I'm behind, but won't be in a couple weeks. Nice slow run for me today, as I'm still taking it easy wrt pace bc of new year's lifting. Been a fun week, though, getting back into it after a few years.

I may have to travel a few days next week, so hopefully there will be a treadmill if the weather is yucky.

jeffdonahue

70 degrees out for my run this morning.  A little muggy but not too bad overall - got in 4.5 miles.

Feeling a little bad for my daughter though because it looks like it is still going to be 75 degrees out when she plays her first game tonight at 5:30.  She's not going to be used to that kind of heat.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Ran a really small 5k race this morning--only 45 entrants--mostly walkers. It was unexpectedly very cold (for us) which I'm sure impacted turnout. Got some miles in and caught the pace bunny!