2000Km-1243 mile club

May 2012 (Read 303 times)

Holy moly Perfesser I just took a closer look at your schedule... good job on that mountain marathon.

Take it easy Happy - evaluate before your weekend 5K

Easy 3.5 for me this morning, beautiful sunrise, A

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Thanks Ayola, I will. I iced yesterday, elevated all night, and have an Ace wrap on it today. I was surprised the swelling was gone this morning, but expect it will develop again today since I can't stay off it and still work. I've got the foot on a box under my desk as often as I can; but it feels a lot better than last night already.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Bummer about the ankle Happy. Take it easy.  Might just give me a chance to catch up Wink

Ayola.  Sunrise and sunset runs are my favourites.  Just as long as it isn't all on the same day Smile

There is a short hill I use for hill repeats and I try and time it so my last downhill is right on sunset - makes the pain go away.

PerfesserR - when I win the lottery I'm coming over for the MLM.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Running Rev'd

My very first marathon is THIS Sunday. I can hardly believe it. I remember tossing out the idea of doing Flying Pig as my first marathon sometime last summer, and now here I am. I feel pretty good about it, especially since my goal is just to finish and it looking like the weather might be a bit warm. Of course, I wonder if I could've trained more (yes, but probably not with my current 6 days a week work schedule), but I've done what I can do. The 20-mile long run went well, and I finished it strong. Very excited!

Can't wait to hear what y'all are up to this month!

Called to Endure - Blog

"Everyone gets the sunset. Only the dedicated earn the sunrise."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I love now seeing the sun starting to rise when I end my runs Ayola ..... great way to start the day!

I hope your ankle is feeling better Happy Feet!!

Have a great first marathon KMays!!   Sounds like you picked a good one for your first with lots of crowd support!   Enjoy every mile!

I've been slacking just a little, but think I'll be good to go for my 25K next weekend.  I just found out last night that my running buddy, Brinkley, is now heartworm free, so he can start running with me again!    He helps to make me faster.  Big grin

Have a great weekend!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

HappyFeat

TGIF!

Kmays - good luck in the Flying Pig marathon on Sunday. Hope you have a fun time and get pictures to share!

Hopeful - really good to hear Brinkley's over the heartworm and will be back running with you.

My ankle has gotten better every day. I have not been running, but will test it out tomorrow.  I can already jump up and down without any pain. I think Sundays trail 5K will be a "go", but I won't take any chances.  I believe this route is not technical at all, but if it is and I walk some of it, the experience of doing the first one in the series will still be worthwhile.  

My very first marathon is THIS Sunday. I can hardly believe it. I remember tossing out the idea of doing Flying Pig as my first marathon sometime last summer, and now here I am. I feel pretty good about it, especially since my goal is just to finish and it looking like the weather might be a bit warm. Of course, I wonder if I could've trained more (yes, but probably not with my current 6 days a week work schedule), but I've done what I can do. The 20-mile long run went well, and I finished it strong. Very excited!

Can't wait to hear what y'all are up to this month!

Good luck.  I'm sure you will really enjoy it.

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Imminent Catastrophe

A couple of unpleasant runs in the heat leading up to Pittsburgh Marathon tomorrow. It'll be warm here. I wasn't aware how big this race is, 25,000. And the city is really into it, which should be fun. THis one I will just take easy and enjoy the tour.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HappyFeat

So, PerfesserR, I notice you will have run a marathon four weekends in a row - that's surely a record for our group

Here's to you!

Hope you have a great time tomorrow.

Good luck on the marathons tomorrow whether it's your first (you'll do great K) or your weekly...Perfesser you are amazing us. Let's be especially careful in the heat. Now that I've viewed the supermoon I'm curled up in bed and reading. I ran 8 today and I'm planning 5-6 tomorrow. Happy Saturday night! A

Recalculating...

Good luck to all the racers!

Imminent Catastrophe

That was a nice big race, especially the first half across the bridges. Good crowds all the way. It has some hills and was getting warm toward the end. I held back a bit until the last 10k then turned up the effort a bit for 3:46:03. 

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

HappyFeat

Really great run, PerfesserR! Smokin' hot in the last 10K. Are you going for a record number of marathons in 2012?

My 5K trail race went quite well, all things considered. I finished in 32 min and got 3rd in AG. The 2nd place woman came in at 30 min and I never saw her during the race. It was very twisty/turny, up/down, over logs, dodging roots - challenging and lots of fun! I had to go slow when the forest was too dark to see the trail very well and when the downhills were covered with loose rocks and I didn't want to twist an ankle.  I didn't get there early enough to warm up and that hindered me a bit, but I'll know better for the next one in July.

Imminent Catastrophe

Nice, Happy. I thought you would get hooked on trail running.
                              Not trying for any records but PA was my 35th state and I'm trying to complete the 50. No deadline, though. I just had the time off and have been in good shape and injury-free so I'm striking while the iron is hot.

BTW they just said on the TV here that they red-flagged the race today due to heat so yeah, it was warm.

HappyFeat

I peeked at Kmay's log - Congratulations, Marathoner!!