2000Km-1243 mile club

August 2014 (Read 13 times)

It is amazing what a difference running 5 days a week makes.  For once I have actually put together some sort of training plan and I have almost been following it.

The result was my biggest month ever at just over 320 km and the past week was a training record for me also (96 km).  Which sort of shows up how under trained I have been in the past :-)
    Aim is to build up to about 110 to 120 per week and stay injury free for the next 200 days.  Might be a bit difficult with the 24 hour race only about 45 days away.

Anyway, 1/2 marathon in a couple of weeks, going to be just another training run.

So what is everyone else up to?

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Awesome training, Puke!! Wow, that is some high mileage! Is the Tarawera the goal at the end of 200 days?

I have a trail HM coming up on Sept 6 but, like yours, it will be just another training run because I can't risk any mishaps so close to my goal race: Victoria Marathon in October.  So far my training, which just started, has gone well. I feel like I turned a fitness corner recently - or else it's the new shoes. Every run since I got them last week has just been a tiny bit faster than usual.  Shoes get blamed for bad runs. Might as well give them credit for the good ones too :-)

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Yep the Tarawera is the goal at the end.  Between now and then I plan to have a couple of cruisey weeks.  Peaks and troughs etc.

So is this marathon the same one as last year? Sounds like you are training better than last year.  Keep it up.

I still have my fast shoes and my slow shoes.  Don't know why that is, probably all in the head.

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Yes, same race as last year with same target of 4:30 or better. I'm following the same training plan, although as you noticed I'm running a bit better and a few added miles here and there.

MTA: Here's a link to a slide show with sayings describing "Things Only Runners Understand."   I can relate to every single one.

http://www.active.com/running/Articles/Things-Only-Runners-Understand.htm

Yes, same race as last year with same target of 4:30 or better. I'm following the same training plan, although as you noticed I'm running a bit better and a few added miles here and there.

MTA: Here's a link to a slide show with sayings describing "Things Only Runners Understand."   I can relate to every single one.

Looks like your pace is getting faster and your distance more consistent.  You will smash the 4:30.

Like the link.  Especially number 10

MTA: removed your link from my message also :-)

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

Like the link.  Especially number 10

Yes!! Ain't that the truth!

(Just noticed my link to that (from my email in-box) contained my email info; so I modified my original link.)

Pukekura - awesome mileage!

Happy - cute link - I lIke number 13

Happy Thursday folks, A

mta : spelling

Recalculating...

HappyFeat

Today I'll choose number 14 and hope that's how my run tonight turns out, but I'm not too optimistic. My legs feel trashed after last night, but I'm meeting someone for an EZ run, so I'll give it a shot.

Today I'll choose number 14 and hope that's how my run tonight turns out, but I'm not too optimistic. My legs feel trashed after last night, but I'm meeting someone for an EZ run, so I'll give it a shot.

It gets scary when that happens multiple times during a run. ANd teh reborn part gets shorter and shorter :-)

Last night I didn't do a number 19.  Rain was cold, heavy and horizontal.  Fire was nice and warm so thats where I stayed.  Beautiful day today though so will try and switch my hill workout to today, maaybe just make it a speed session instead.  Then easy 15 km on saturday followed by long 36 or 37 on Sunday.  Or I could just catch up on some of the chores around the house.  Got a pile of branches that need to be mulched, lawns to mow, bathroom to clean....basically all the "blue" jobs as DW calls them.

Hows it going A?

Must go and troll through your log and see what you have done.

Goals 2016

Do stuff

HappyFeat

It gets scary when that happens multiple times during a run. AND the reborn part gets shorter and shorter :-)

HAH!!! Know what you mean!

HappyFeat

Rain was cold, heavy and horizontal.  Fire was nice and warm so thats where I stayed.  Beautiful day today though so will try and switch my hill workout to today, maaybe just make it a speed session instead.

Good decision, Puke! You'll have a much better workout today. You probably needed a little extra recovery and Mother Nature pushed you in the right direction.

Saturday morning, looks lovely outside so I'll hop up for a short run.

i finished 4 weeks of the Ryan Hall HM plan (about 20 mile week/ 5-6 hour work out week with cross training). This week I took a short break - 5k tomorrow. Then I repeat week 4 and continue on...

Puke - I think you are running my weekly mileage on Sunday!

happy weekend, A

Recalculating...

Imminent Catastrophe

After Tahoe I've taken a few weeks break, which I needed both physically and mentally. Just easy short-to-medium runs, no training. Also seeing a PT and after a couple evaluations it turns out I have a big imbalance in my strength, my front core (abs, quads) are pretty strong but glutes, hip flexors and back are really weak, also my right side is much weaker than my left (strange because I'm right-handed). That's causing all sorts of compensation that leads to problems in my right leg, I can't train as much as I'd like without getting injured. So that's something to work on.

Next weekend I'll run a marathon in Nebraska (state #49) then in October I'm finishing up the 50 states in October. Then NYC Marathon in November.

Are you running the 100k Puke? Want to sponsor me? I know Paul wanted to have a 100 miler but I guess permitting is too hard.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Are you running the 100k Puke? Want to sponsor me? I know Paul wanted to have a 100 miler but I guess permitting is too hard.

Yep, doing the 100 k again. So trying to build a base now so that it will be easier when I start the final training push.  Would love to sponsor you Russ, however I don't think my DW would talk to me again :-)  Awesome about the 50 marathon states, not far to go now.

Last I heard Paul was still trying to get a 100 miler but it is still causing a few issues. Although he has just announced a 50 km trail race over different tracks - basically the other side of the lake from the Tarawera Outlet aid station.  This may be a precursor to building a loop around Tarawera that will eventually form the extra 60+ km needed.

Well this week turned out to be my rest week.  Didn't run on Thursday as the weather was rubbish.  Did some core exercises for the first time ever on Friday, hopeful they will become a regular thing on my rest day.  Saturday didn't run.  It was a brilliant day weather wise, so ended up getting rid of the accumulated rubbish / junk from around the house, finishing all the firewood and mulching all the small branches.  Then finished that off with several beers on the deck in the sun.

Today was joined by a mate and we ended up running a lazy 30 km.

I think your weekly distance still bettered my run today A.  Have you got a 1/2 coming up soon?  My memory is terrible...

Goals 2016

Do stuff

Happy...congrats, over the 2000 km mark again.

Goals 2016

Do stuff