3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

September 2013 Racing Thread (Read 60 times)

kcam

Good running Robin, Andy and especially Whodat.  Hard to argue with 1AG !

Feeling the growl again

9/14 - Spaniel - Color Me Rad Indianapolis 5K -- sub-17:20, to suffer as little as possible

Just reading the pre-race email made me want to vomit a rainbow of colors.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

9/14 - Spaniel - Color Me Rad Indianapolis 5K -- sub-17:20, to suffer as little as possible

Just reading the pre-race email made me want to vomit a rainbow of colors.

You should wear a tutu.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

You should wear a tutu.

But they'd like that...I'm inclined to just wear something I don't care about, blow through the "color stations" and see how clean I can come out on the other side.  I really don't want to inhale that crap.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Good running Robin, Andy and especially Whodat.  Hard to argue with 1AG !

I'm still not sure if there was even anyone else in my AG, but thanks! Smile

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

2:06:46. 12.4 sweaty, soaking wet, difficult miles.  Knew the goal was gone  2 miles in, tried to hold under sub 2 hours, but lost that by mile 7 as well.  One of the hottest races I've run, and the sun wasn't even out for us at all.

2:06:46. 12.4 sweaty, soaking wet, difficult miles.  Knew the goal was gone  2 miles in, tried to hold under sub 2 hours, but lost that by mile 7 as well.  One of the hottest races I've run, and the sun wasn't even out for us at all.

That was probably the most miserable day of the CT summer. I felt for all you 20kers. Nasty.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Feeling the growl again

2+ hours is a long time in a sweatsock.  Kudos for toughing it out.

Finally I can get in on one of these threads,

Who             Date     Event                             Distance             Where             Goal

Happyfeet   9/21     Run The Valley             13.1                     Badin, NC      Learn how to run hard (will take sub 2:00 on this course on no taper)

Feeling the growl again

9/8 - spaniel - Hall of Fame Challenge Marathon, Canton, OH - BQ, say 2:50 I guess

I should be able to do that 10lbs overweight and on 20-odd miles, per week, right?

I'm really not right in the head.

xhristopher

My goal race for this month is the Lone Gull 10K on Sept 16 in Gloucester, MA . Like my 10K in August, I'd like to get under 38. I've not done the necessary work to be any fitter than last month so I'll just have to suffer a little more this go round.

Ostrich runner

9/8 - spaniel - Hall of Fame Challenge Marathon, Canton, OH - BQ, say 2:50 I guess

I should be able to do that 10lbs overweight and on 20-odd miles, per week, right?

I'm really not right in the head.

If the purpose of this race is training and a BQ, it seems like BQing by a minute or two should be the goal.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

If the purpose of this race is training and a BQ, it seems like BQing by a minute or two should be the goal.

Heh. There's a whole thread of people tweaking over whether their BQs will be good enough to get them a spot. Including me.

Ostrich runner

Good thing I don't need to worry about that anytime soon.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Who Date Event Distance Where Goal Result Comments
                                mgerwn SEP07 Run For THe Woods 10k (Trail) 10k Burlington, CT

Technical: >1 hr

Path: >55:00

This is billed as a trail race, but given it's at the Wildlife Education Center, it could be wide stonedust paths,

or it could be technical / single-track.

If it's single-track I'll shoot for under 1 hour; if it easy wide path running I'll push for under 55 minutes.